Gold Gold - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Gold

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves 's job has never been outsourced

COMEX futures are driving spot with joke level Hypothecation, mostly Fed action at the moment.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    WTF does that even mean?
    Is it going to go up or down?
    Should I buy or sell?
    Am saying, if you own spot gold, prepare for it to cost less next month and the month after that. A lot less.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    And to some extent I can understand all that but Scoots posts charts about Gold, Bitcoin, Shares. Each as a very different animal, one is a fundamental base of monetary systems (arguable I know but you get my drift), the other doesn't even exist and the last is tied to how a business performs and market conditions.
    I just cannot get how the same techniques can possibly work across all three with so many different factors that drive highs and lows. It doesn't make sense so unfortunately easy for people like me to just dismiss it as a complete sham. I could understand if it worked for bitcoin as it doesn't exist so you can use charts to predict how people react to previous movements as there are no other tangible factors affecting the price. Maybe so for business to an extent due to people selling high, buying low with the actual business performance and market conditions only being a factors but gold is such a slow burner and affected by much bigger things how can standard technical analysis work?

It matters not what the chart is charting, futures, gold, the price of fishcakes in Hong Kong. The technicals will remain true. The charts are only chart human behaviour.

For your info, 'Spot Gold' doesn't exist either, mostly. Yet people buy thinking they own gold. Spot gold is 4x oversold than there is the physical stuff to replace it.

Gold ETF's are a sham.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Am saying, if you own spot gold, prepare for it to cost less next month and the month after that. A lot less.
    Why do you care?

Super poster

Lance - scorchio!

It matters not what the chart is charting, futures, gold, the price of fishcakes in Hong Kong. The technicals will remain true. The charts are only chart human behaviour.

For your info, 'Spot Gold' doesn't exist either, mostly. Yet people buy thinking they own gold. Spot gold is 4x oversold than there is the physical stuff to replace it.

Gold ETF's are a sham.
    if you buy spot gold do you pay VAT?
    See You Next Tuesday

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Why do you care?
    I don't. I'm neutral.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    if you buy spot gold do you pay VAT?
    Not if in the form of a ETF.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

I don't. I'm neutral.
    You are a moron

Godlike

BR14 is a fount of knowledge

You are a moron
    oh, come on ivan. he's not a moron, - he's a complete bampot.

HTH
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

You are a moron
    Thanks for your input.