• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What dies all that trader talk hogwash actually mean? Are you saying gold will go up or down?
    Up his arse and vomited over the Thistle Hotel Heathrow breakfast buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      What dies all that trader talk hogwash actually mean? Are you saying gold will go up or down?

Go down.

I think we're about to see a sell off in gold unlike any other in recent history (by that I mean since the 1980's).

The squiggly line 2nd from the bottom on the chart below represents the strength of purchasing power. It has accelerated rapid since September 2018. Far more rapid than even the previous assent between 1977 and 1980.

Other reasons to think we might be in for a price action reversal?

1) Everyone is saying 'buy gold'. Do the opposite of the herd

2) We're heading into a dollar crisis, squeeze, dollars are needed. It is the biggest short in history and people will sell anything to get dollars, including gold.

3) Deflation. Everyone seems to be screaming we're about to hit massive inflation, whilst ignoring the massive inflation of the past 15 years. We've had massive inflation - how are people not seeing that is beyond me... and they're calling for more.

4) Gold has been on a 20 year long bull run. Really, we're calling for more? Really? Sure Gold might test the previous high, $1800-1900, big deal. The risk to the downside is far greater, however.

5) Gold is not an investment. Too many folks are treating it as such. It is insurance against inflation. What could make that go wrong? .... A period of deflation & people saving their money at the same would be the worst thing ever for Gold price action.

6) Lately, mining costs. Gold bugs always like to bring up the minimum cost to mine gold, thereby securing the $1000 floor. In the 1990's the gold mining cost fell sharply. Why? Because a massive rise in unemployment meant people were prepared to work for less. Here's something to think about, cost of pulling oil out of the ground is now the same price as it was in 1987!

Last edited by scooterscot; 21 May 2020, 10:16.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm a Scooty contrarian, I will be buying Gold, not selling.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'm a Scooty contrarian, I will be buying Gold, not selling.

HTH BIDI
          I'm selling pooper some viceroy tulip bulbs for 5 times the average house value. The herd says they're worth £3.99. Do the opposite of what the herd says.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            3) Deflation. Everyone seems to be screaming we're about to hit massive inflation, whilst ignoring the massive inflation of the past 15 years. We've had massive inflation - how are people not seeing that is beyond me... and they're calling for more.
            Just loving how you quote something as your own knowledge when it's not.

There are plenty people calling a period of deflation (I even said it myself last Thursday) so no, you're not some kind of genius just because you state something a few weeks after others have already said it.

Go on, have a think about it, why do you think governments and central banks have been doing QE?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Where do I say I'm owning it? I'm not. The popular narrative is for inflation based on the masses of money printing. MSM is full of it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Where do I say I'm owning it? I'm not. The popular narrative is for inflation based on the masses of money printing. MSM is full of it.
                You're full of something.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You do it all the time - you write something, then at a later date you link to your post and claim you called it.

As for what you wrote here, it's in complete contrast to what you wrote previously. You said we are heading to deflation and yet everyone is calling inflation. Now you're saying there is a narrative of inflation 'because' of the money printing, which is as a direct response to a period of deflation.

As for MSM being full of it, well, FFS, MSM is full of a lot of stuff that is complete bollox. Just because they 'report' something, it doesn't make it true.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    You do it all the time - you write something, then at a later date you link to your post and claim you called it.

As for what you wrote here, it's in complete contrast to what you wrote previously. You said we are heading to deflation and yet everyone is calling inflation. Now you're saying there is a narrative of inflation 'because' of the money printing, which is as a direct response to a period of deflation.

As for MSM being full of it, well, FFS, MSM is full of a lot of stuff that is complete bollox. Just because they 'report' something, it doesn't make it true.
                    Yep. MSM is full of inflation speculation. MSM is full of deflation speculation. Only pooper can read the tea leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

The the daily wail said Brexit would be glorious - make up your mind!

Comment

Working...
                      X