• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Excessive debt is very different from healthy debt. Excessive debts have ballooned to such a level that no stops to think until a black swan event comes along.

The government would like nothing more for you to all believe the virus is the reason why they'll reset / digitise the currency. And it looks like a buyers paradise.
    'excessive' and 'healthy', in your statement above, are not quantifiable and hence mean nothing. They are woolly, vague, meaningless terms.

As for a black swan event, you do understand what this is don't you?

And for your ref, the black swan event here isn't the pandemic, it's the world leaders reactions to it and closing down whole swathes of the world economy. The pandemic was (kind of) forecast; what wasn't expected was virtually every country in the world going into lockdown.

Just for the record, you didn't call this

HTH
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Is there anybody on here who does not think that Pooper is a thick twunt?
      For the record - not even Pooper objected that

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The 2020's will be defined by an entrepreneurial surge. You'll probably say that is common knowledge 2-3 years from now...
        It *is* common knowledge (or at least an expectation) already. I've seen multiple posts across social media listing which companies where formed out of the 2008 financial crisis and how 2020/21 could cause another such resurgence in entrepreneurship. Necessity often does that.

I'd previously assumed you the seeds of the squiggles you post here are form from the Daily Mail et al, but I now suspect its Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          'excessive' and 'healthy', in your statement above, are not quantifiable and hence mean nothing. They are woolly, vague, meaningless terms.

And for your ref, the black swan event here isn't the pandemic, it's the world leaders reactions to it and closing down whole swathes of the world economy. The pandemic was (kind of) forecast; what wasn't expected was virtually every country in the world going into lockdown.

HTH
          Words don't have to be quantifiable to be meaningful.

You're still out-classing pooper, but you're the best match to him we can offer.

Comment

HTH

That is why we have credit records. Quantifying debt that is healthy and not.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              It *is* common knowledge (or at least an expectation) already. I've seen multiple posts across social media listing which companies where formed out of the 2008 financial crisis and how 2020/21 could cause another such resurgence in entrepreneurship. Necessity often does that.

I'd previously assumed you the seeds of the squiggles you post here are form from the Daily Mail et al, but I now suspect its Facebook.
              Tooks less dans a few ours ....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

is it time to sell my gold shirt ?

my shirt. - Imgur
                Last edited by Andy2; 22 May 2020, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Words don't have to be quantifiable to be meaningful.

You're still out-classing pooper, but you're the best match to him we can offer.
                  And you're inferring I'm dim?

In respect of Scoots sentence, yes, the words do need to be quantifiable to have any meaning. Read it again, then come back and I'll accept your apology
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    is it time to sell my gold shirt ?

my shirt. - Imgur
                    Can't beat a good old racist comment to get the ball rolling

shewantsthepharmD5,609 ptsAug 8 2014
                    I bet he says "my friend" after every sentence.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And you're inferring I'm dim?

In respect of Scoots sentence, yes, the words do need to be quantifiable to have any meaning. Read it again, then come back and I'll accept your apology
                      No, I'm implying you're dim.

QED

Comment

Working...
                      X