PPI Insurance - Own up! Who's owed? PPI Insurance - Own up! Who's owed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,787

    Default PPI Insurance - Own up! Who's owed?

    BBC News - Lloyds to pay £3.2bn for mis-selling PPI policies

    Thanks Lloyds for going it alone when I was on holiday. Login this morning to find that you have decided to put £3B aside to deal with paying out PPI and cost me £2k in your share price!

    I remember taking loans with Lloyds 10 years back and I always had to make a massive deal about not paying for PPI(waste of money and never applicable to me) and even got turned down for one loan because I would not take it.

    Are any of our illustrious members going to get any cash back?

    (and BTW buy some Lloyd shares, they're very cheap you know)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

    Halo Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Contractors are one of the groups who have a chance of claiming as if they had been sold it & then tried to claim they would have been told that they do not qualify as they are self-employed.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Support Monkey is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    BBC News - Lloyds to pay £3.2bn for mis-selling PPI policies

    Thanks Lloyds for going it alone when I was on holiday. Login this morning to find that you have decided to put £3B aside to deal with paying out PPI and cost me £2k in your share price!

    I remember taking loans with Lloyds 10 years back and I always had to make a massive deal about not paying for PPI(waste of money and never applicable to me) and even got turned down for one loan because I would not take it.

    Are any of our illustrious members going to get any cash back?

    (and BTW buy some Lloyd shares, they're very cheap you know)
    Same here i took out a loan with NROCK a few years back and i had a hell of a job telling them I did not want PPI, they were well high pressured in trying to get me to take it, it serve them all right if they have to pay it all back

  4. #4

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,539

    Default

    Fine won't solve this problem (existing Lloyds TSB customers will pay for it - and they have dominant market position) - criminal prosecutions might go some way at least of restoring justice: someone has come up with such scheme and got massive bonus for it due to high profitability.

    IMHO every insurance MUST come with stats showing %-tage paid out in claims, just like lotteries required in some countries because that's what insurance really is.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,787

    Default

    Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.
    You could have bought a pound of gold - I hear DimPrawn is liquidating his stake as his wife demanded a holiday in Blackpool...

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.
    OMFG, MF has single handedly changed direction of market!!!



    Source: BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group reports loss on £3bn PPI provision

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    OMFG, MF has single handedly changed direction of market!!!



    Source: BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group reports loss on £3bn PPI provision
    My rep is mighty.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Moose423956 is a permanent contractor

    Moose423956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.
    Have you heard of the phrase "throwing good money after bad"?

    I reclaimed a PPI from a loan I took out about 5 years ago to buy a car, got over £400 back, though it wasn't that straightforward. It was mis-sold on the grounds that I didn't speak to a medical expert about a pre-existing medical condition, so not sure if everyone can claim, only those people who didn't receive an appropriate consultation.

    I had another loan from Lloyds previously where they said I had to take out PPI or they wouldn't approve the loan. Unfortunately it was more than 6 years ago otherwise I would be claiming that back too.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Have you heard of the phrase "throwing good money after bad"?
    No, he never had any good money to throw yet.

    HTH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •