• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Day - No Need to Worry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    No "ex" about it, mate

I'm just saying that earnings from work, and return on working capital, are not the same thing. I'm not really judging whether the effective tax rate on them should be different, nor am I saying that contractors running Ltd Cos should refrain from legal methods of reducing taxes (I especially like the idea of working less myself). But re-classifying earnings from work as return on capital, when in reality the company is not a capitalist company, is essentially dishonest. As I said, the govt, asked for it. But it's wrong.
    No mate the divvies are the divvies are paid from profit. I invested a small amount in a company with a profitable business model.

If I were working for someone else I would be earning circa 27K. My company income is going to be about 90K ignoring costs and expenses and stuff my company makes 63K which can then be seen as working capital or profit to be spread amongst shareholders. If we only got Divvies on what we put in originally then there would be no point starting a business.
    It is not about how much you put into the pot it is about how much profit your business can make.

Alan Sugar started with 100 quids worth of car ariels and a barrer. Branson started with a few quidsworth of stock. Bill Gates started with very little too.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
    X