Budget Day - No Need to Worry Budget Day - No Need to Worry
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 41

Super poster

Lucifer Box is good enough for Jehovah!

Default Budget Day - No Need to Worry

It's okay, the BBC says, "making the UK more competitive and tax breaks for small firms are expected to be the themes of the Budget."

Seems a strange change of tack from his previous nine budgets which have by and large taken the opposite approach but, hey, I'm sure Gordon knows best what with his vast experience of running competitive businesses.

CUK gives you wings

hyperD has more data than eek

Morning LB!

Yes, there'll be no change there then. I'll be interested to see if there's any mention of the £26bn expansion of the private finance initiative across 200 public sector projects and whether ONS are going to demand that this should go under "debts" rather than "investment".

Potential scallops poisoning fortunately was a false alarm. It was the ten pints of local ale that caused the cramps instead.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

More time posting than coding

Bitbucket has no reputation

It will get to a point that when Gorden raises taxes then they Revenue will see no extra income being returned , at that point the UK will have to cut spending which means more unemployment and strikes.

Trying to get cash out of tax evaders like you lot hasnt worked so it looks like hes getting into a tight corner.

If they have a Bankruptcy sale there then let me know , Im thinking of offering 1000 quid for that wobbly London Bridge.

Super poster

Lucifer Box is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperD
    Morning LB!

Yes, there'll be no change there then. I'll be interested to see if there's any mention of the £26bn expansion of the private finance initiative across 200 public sector projects and whether ONS are going to demand that this should go under "debts" rather than "investment".

Potential scallops poisoning fortunately was a false alarm. It was the ten pints of local ale that caused the cramps instead.
    Hello hyperD. It must have been that the last pint was off. You know the score, it has nothing to do with the previous nine whatsoever. Still, glad to hear you are okay now.

Agreed, the categorisation of PFI expenditure as investment is nothing short of an accounting scam. If a private company did that it would almost certainly be facing charges.

Banned

Churchill has more data than eek

Putting my road tax up to £200 won't stop me from driving the RR.

Contractor Among Contractors

Spartacus is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    Putting my road tax up to £200 won't stop me from driving the RR.
    It's not supposed to. Putting up VED to such an extent that people stopped driving Chelsea tractors would damage GB's tax take. He wants to raise more dough, not less and some mealy mouthed nonsense about doing it for the good of the environment is just a cover story for the hard of thinking who will see it as striking a blow against the disgusting rich.

Fingers like lightning

zathras has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Box
    It's okay, the BBC says, "making the UK more competitive and tax breaks for small firms are expected to be the themes of the Budget."

Seems a strange change of tack from his previous nine budgets which have by and large taken the opposite approach but, hey, I'm sure Gordon knows best what with his vast experience of running competitive businesses.
    Say that after today. I've heard a nasty rumour that he is going to put NI on divvis family owned/closed company firms. see below (Under 'corporation tax and business')

Contractor Among Contractors

Spartacus is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by zathras
    Say that after today. I've heard a nasty rumour that he is going to put NI on divvis family owned/closed company firms.
    Ahhh, so that's what the BBC means by "tax breaks for small businesses are on the cards"... we'll break you with extra tax.

Super poster

Mailman has no reputation

hehe, thats actually quite funny Spartacus

Mailman

Fingers like lightning

John Galt has no reputation

So basically all incentives for generating money for the country are being withdrawn and all the scrounging spongers and looters are being encouraged. Nothing new there then