• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ConDems will solve the deficit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Isn't the only way not to pay for what you can't afford i.e. live within your means?
    And accept that the country is not as rich as it thinks.
    No. The other way is to nationalise the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      No. The other way is to nationalise the debt.
      I think you may find that the proper name for what you propose is "default".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I think you may find that the proper name for what you propose is "default".
        It's an irregular verb:

I bring the debt into democratic ownership
        You default
        He has had all overseas assets confiscated due to Vulture Fund legal action

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I bring the debt into democratic ownership You default He has had all overseas assets confiscated due to Vulture Fund legal action
          Cretin, it would be UK banks, pension funds and other entities that hold UK gilts that go bust because they'll have massive write downs.

Unions already go on strikes for smaller than expected salary increases, what do you think they'll do if they can't get paid? By the way in the event of state default foreign property of state (embassies for example) can be sold off to cover for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Cretin, it would be UK banks, pension funds and other entities that hold UK gilts that go bust because they'll have massive write downs.
            That's their problem, not mine.

I won't go into your problems.

Comment

Working...
            X