• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is football run by dodgy geezers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is football run by dodgy geezers?

BBC Sport - Bin Hammam & Jack Warner face Fifa bribery probe

Or could it be political machinations to make Bin Hammam look bad on behalf of Mr Blatter?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

FIFA is a joke, and so is UEFA. I can't think of a good word to say about either.

Comment

Yes,

West Ham owned by p0rn barrons
      Chelsea owned by russian mafia types
      Arsenal 2nd largest investor is a russian mafia type
      Darlington once owned by convicted safe robber
      Fulham owner by Al-Faeyd who's tried to buy a UK Passport

Add in Ken Bates, all the past Portsmouth Managers, ex dictator Thaskin Sinawatra and more tax dodgers than I can list here and its safe to say you need to be dodgy to run a football club
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Don't forget Doncaster. Their chairman had the main stand of the ground burnt down to collect on the insurance. I can't be bothered to look it up but I think his name was George Reynolds or some such.

Then there's QPR....

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Don't forget Doncaster. Their chairman had the main stand of the ground burnt down to collect on the insurance. I can't be bothered to look it up but I think his name was George Reynolds or some such.

Then there's QPR....
          George Reynolds was at Darlington not Doncaster that was Ken Richardson
          Last edited by SimonMac; 25 May 2011, 14:46.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Of course football is run by dodgy types, it's a massive money business with a hell of a lot of associated gambling and not a little obsession. The sport is purely incidental and secondary.

Comment

DThen there's QPR....
              Not them as well!? I've always had a soft spot for QPR, since the days of Stan Bowles.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                George Reynolds was at Darlington not Doncaster that was Ken Richardson
                Aha, thanks. Richardson must have been the chairman who did time for the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  Not them as well!? I've always had a soft spot for QPR, since the days of Stan Bowles.
                  Me too. Now they are run by Bernie Ecclestone, Lakshmi 'Super-Bob' Mittal and Flavio Briatore.

It looks like they want to sack Neil Warnock.

Comment

Me too. Now they are run by Bernie Ecclestone, Lakshmi 'Super-Bob' Mittal and Flavio Briatore.

It looks like they want to sack Neil Warnock.
                    That's not too bad, at least they aren't Russian mafia types. Who'd be a football manager these days? Achieve promotion to the top flight then get sacked for your efforts.

Comment

Working...
                    X