• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britannia waives the rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    How long before they 'defer' general elections due to the 'war on terrorism'?
    quite seriously, I think there is a very strong possibility they will try this one.

I for one will happily take to the street should they even think about such a move.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
      quite seriously, I think there is a very strong possibility they will try this one.

I for one will happily take to the street should they even think about such a move.
      Tiananmen square anyone?

Comment

Is this the same bill that was discussed a couple of days ago?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread6636.html

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
            Couldn't do that - tank drivers would have to pay the congestion charge.
            Don't worry I will call my friends in the Irish Special Forces, we can beat the congestion charge by sending a tousand tanks by email.

Comment

Ah. Wasn't sure if it was matrix-style deja vu or just an echo.

Comment

Maybe it's about time our Constitution was written; making sure that the proposed changes in this Bill would actually be unconstitutional. Any changes to the Constitution to be decided by referenda.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
                  I thought we were supposed to be adopting the EU constitution.
                  Why? None of the other EU countries do!

Comment

I know a couple online conspiracy nuts and when ever they talked about the UK becoming a police state I used to laugh at them and goad them by telling them how much I wished this place WAS a police state!

However...with laws like this its quite obvious that you English cannot be trusted to run your country anymore. That is why I am inviting more of my kiwi and aussie countrymen to come and settle here so that we can bring some shred of normality to English communities...one where respect and understanding underpins every community instead of fear and hatred and lack of action

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                      I know a couple online conspiracy nuts and when ever they talked about the UK becoming a police state I used to laugh at them and goad them by telling them how much I wished this place WAS a police state!

However...with laws like this its quite obvious that you English cannot be trusted to run your country anymore. That is why I am inviting more of my kiwi and aussie countrymen to come and settle here so that we can bring some shred of normality to English communities...one where respect and understanding underpins every community instead of fear and hatred and lack of action

Mailman
                      Just what we need, more immigrants! Reminds me of the episode of South Park with the time immigrants from the future all working for peanuts. "They took our jobs!"

My personal way of dealing with the problem is to emigrate and leave the country to the scroungers that are so hell-bent on bleeding it dry. Well, I will one day when I've sorted out plans and schemes!

Comment

Working...
                      X