• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to report a cowboy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to report a cowboy

How would you go about reporting a cowboy?

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    How would you go about reporting a cowboy?
    cowboy what?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

cowboy, sorry I mean a conman with a CV of false claims and qualifications

Comment

Agency, Business, Contractor ?

What kind of cowboy ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Agency, Business, Contractor ?

What kind of cowboy ?
          contractor

Comment

contractor
            You are clearly a man of few words.

Maybe adding some more would assist in your quest for an answer.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I'm just interested in how you'd deal with a contractor you worked with who you had huge suspicions was there on the basis of a false cv. It's obvious when it happens.

Comment

If he's permie, go to HR. If he's a fellow contractor, suck it up knowing you will get extra work to fix the ballsup he created.

Oh... 'how to deal with a cowboy'.

CALL IN THE INDIANS!
                Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                  If he's permie, go to HR. If he's a fellow contractor, suck it up knowing you will get extra work to fix the ballsup he created.
                  But you have no idea how much I dislike conmen taking up opportunities in our market when so many honest people can't find work.

Comment

I'm just interested in how you'd deal with a contractor you worked with who you had huge suspicions was there on the basis of a false cv. It's obvious when it happens.
                    I wouldn't. It would make me a look a twat.

If a contractor can do the job he can do the job regardless of his CV. If he cannot do it he'll get found out. If he's not sure how to do it and is blagging it by learning on the job then that's the clients look out and if he's getting you or someone else to do the job then you/they are a mug and he's a damn site clever than you.

Those are all types I've worked with over the years and skills I've learned so that I can adapt over time.

Either way its none of your damn business unless you've hired him.

And BTW if you think you've been looked over for a 'cowboy' it means he can obviously talk the talk better the you can which is obvious by the crap information you provided on this thread.

No one likes grasses.
                    Last edited by MarillionFan; 26 May 2011, 19:25.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X