• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old bangers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old bangers

One for the ex boy (or girl) racers

How Many Left?

Someone's just got an MG Metro Turbo back on the road. Wonder if it's got the red seatbelts.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

How Many Left?

Someone's just got an MG Metro Turbo back on the road. Wonder if it's got the red seatbelts.
    Disappointed . Thought this was a GILF thread.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's quite worrying: it seems there are between 0 and 301 of my Ford Orion still around

0 is clearly incorrect given that I drove home in one today, but it's hard to tell which is my car from a list that (when narrowed down to "Ford Orion Ghia") includes "Orion Ghia" twice (41, 6), "Orion Ghia I" four times (173, 301, 3, 96), and "Orion Ghia 5SPD" twice (79, 46), as mine fits all those descriptions.

Nonetheless, it seems to explain why we don't see many other Orions as we zoom about these days

Interestingly, there appear to be several thousand more Morris Minors than Ford Orions still bimbling about. I've always liked them, so I can't begrudge them their apparent evolutionary advantage

Comment

I've just had some week old sausages. Does that count?
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

How Many Left?

Great find!

Fifteen years ago every other car on the road seemed to be a Rover (like mine at the time); but now one sees hardly any.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Excellent find!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Interestingly, there appear to be several thousand more Morris Minors than Ford Orions still bimbling about. I've always liked them, so I can't begrudge them their apparent evolutionary advantage
              I learned to drive in a Morris Minor in Barcelona
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Scary, looked up my car and only 55 were sold the year we bought it
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not a petrolhead anymore but this is brill!

Comment

Only 8 of my car left running....

..though it is actually a top spec People Carrier and not a Supercar

Comment

Working...
                    X