• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great Start To The Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Start To The Week

Well looks like I have cocked up already and I have only been in the office 30 mins today, set of a data migration to run over the weekend as it takes a bloody age to complete and seems I set it off in Dev rather than Test.

Its gonna be a long week....
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

You're in good company.

was just testing some Sql scripts & removed my windows login from the server admins role group to test the error handling.

I thought I had the sa password. I don't. Don't have local admin rights to my machine either so can't reset sa password. I can either put in a request to security which will take days or to be re-install sql server.

Comment

I was supposed to have a progress meeting Monday and Friday noticed I'd forgotten to do something I'd promised to do, so got in real early this morning wrote lots of mad code and fixed the problem only to find

a) It wasn't really urgent
      b) Meeting is postponed till tommorrow

Now I'm ahead of schedule on everything, and if I don't start slacking I'll upset the permies
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

M62 was closed this morning which meant that I was 5 minutes late in to the client site
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

It would be funny enough to be able to laugh it off if today wasn't the day that I had to submit the invoice for the last 4 weeks payments lol

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            It would be funny enough to be able to laugh it off if today wasn't the day that I had to submit the invoice for the last 4 weeks payments lol
            Did you sign it cretin?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Did you sign it cretin?
              No just a big X in crayon next to the cash amount

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                No just a big X in crayon next to the cash amount
                Well watch they don't pay it into sasguru's account then.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And it gets better!

In trying to fix the original balls up, instead of reversing the upgrade, I initiated a full rebuild so lost the Dev a weeks worth of data.

I need a drink

Comment

Working...
                  X