• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everyone's doing it....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone's doing it....

....apparently.

Internet dating. I've discovered that most of my colleagues met either their current, or previous partners online.

I've begun to accept that I might have to dip my toe, instead of assuming it's not for me.

Any tips, you lot?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    ....apparently.

Internet dating. I've discovered that most of my colleagues met either their current, or previous partners online.

I've begun to accept that I might have to dip my toe, instead of assuming it's not for me.

Any tips, you lot?
    I could write a book about internet dating. I met the current Mrs CH through a dating site, sorting the wheat from the chaff can be a chore but perseverance pays off.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

....apparently.

Any tips, you lot?
      I met the present Mrs MF through the online dating. And actually all of the couples (5 out of 5) at our kiddy classes a few years back had all met through the internet.

I used to find that meeting people in pubs/clubs when you'd had a few normally meant you landed up with some right nutters.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dating sites

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        normally meant you landed up with some right nutters.
        Gotta be careful but worthwhile if it works.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

The present MrsB and I met online as well. Not through a dating site but through an online game we both worked on. We'd been talking online for almost a year before we actually met face to face.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Any tips, you lot?
            Insist on a photo. Just ignore anyone who doesn't post one or offer to send you one.

Don't waste ages getting to know people online. There are two reasons for this. Firstly you will bond with people who turn out to be freaks when you meet them in real life and secondly you need to get through a lot of loons to find the normal people, and that is much more efficiently done by meeting in person as you can tell within minutes or seconds if there is no chance they are for you.

Play safe, obviously. Make sure someone knows where you are going and with whom, make sure to meet in a public place and so on.

Get a mate to call you 20-30 mins into a date, it provides cover for bailing out if deemed necessary.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I met the present Mrs MF through the online dating.
              And if that doesn't put you off .....
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Insist on a photo. Just ignore anyone who doesn't post one or offer to send you one.

Don't waste ages getting to know people online. There are two reasons for this. Firstly you will bond with people who turn out to be freaks when you meet them in real life and secondly you need to get through a lot of loons to find the normal people, and that is much more efficiently done by meeting in person as you can tell within minutes or seconds if there is no chance they are for you.

Play safe, obviously. Make sure someone knows where you are going and with whom, make sure to meet in a public place and so on.

Get a mate to call you 20-30 mins into a date, it provides cover for bailing out if deemed necessary.
                Well said
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  And if that doesn't put you off .....
                  TestMangler met his wife in a school playground. Her parents still haven't found her.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

TestMangler met his wife in a school playground. Her parents still haven't found her.
                    You are a seriously unfunny prick. Maybe you're wife's guide dog smelled that in you.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X