• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic jazz voice, but she was an arse.

I predicted her future 27-club membership two years ago.

Comment

She was definitely very talented and had some kind of charisma about her. Miles above some of the crap that comes out of X factor or something similar.

I am saddened by the loss of a talented singer.

Not sure why she is being panned by some of you CUK lot,she doesnt deserve that.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Self inflicted. She was obviously mentally ill with no desire to help herself so she is better off away. At least she didn't breed. If only that other nutter Pete doherty would follow suite.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
          Self inflicted. She was obviously mentally ill with no desire to help herself so she is better off away. At least she didn't breed. If only that other nutter Pete doherty would follow suite.
          You don't wake up one morning and think:

"I'm going to become a drug addict"

any more than you make a conscious decision to become a smoker, or an alcoholic, or obese.

Addiction is an illness, albeit one that could have been avoided if wiser choices had been taken.

If drug addicts deserve what's coming to them, then so do smokers, fatties and boozers.

Comment

Shame, 27 is very young ( Jesus I sound like my mum there ).

She did sound like a skanky louisiana hooker though

Back to Black was a very good album although not one I would listen to really. Hard to make an album in a 50 year old style and sound contemporary and I think they did that, they never fell for the cliched Motown drumming that the squeaky voiced munchkin Cee Lo Green, Duffy etc etc have to use. She was very influential as she had many imitators but they never came close to her style.

Hopefully it will encourage kids not to take smack, from what I read she was a very nice person and turned into a rambling cow with the drugs.

She will now be regarded as better than she was and the obvious fight to control her 'estate' will happen.
            Last edited by minestrone; 24 July 2011, 08:06. Reason: Back to Black not Back in Black, getting al AC DC there

Comment

I did wake up this morning and say "was this a dream or did you say last night Amy Winehouse is dead?"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I did wake up this morning and say "was this a dream or did you say last night Amy Winehouse is dead?"
                I just came over all Buzzcocks!

I think you've got the first line of a great song there!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  She was definitely very talented and had some kind of charisma about her. Miles above some of the crap that comes out of X factor or something similar.

I am saddened by the loss of a talented singer.

Not sure why she is being panned by some of you CUK lot,she doesnt deserve that.
                  True, true, but from everything I've ever seen, read or heard of her, she still behaved like an arse.

Comment

Can't say I know her music at all. Eartha Kitt died last year, real loss that.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      You don't wake up one morning and think:

"I'm going to become a drug addict"

any more than you make a conscious decision to become a smoker, or an alcoholic, or obese.

Addiction is an illness, albeit one that could have been avoided if wiser choices had been taken.
                      That's true, but the drugs excuse always makes me laugh. It shouldn't but it does, every time I read in the papers about some scrotum up before the beak for robbery/violence/running someone over in a car, and the defence lawyer pleads: "He didn't know what he was doing because he was high on drugs and/or drink"

Sure it's an addiction for many, but they don't all behave like Amy Winehouse. Crikey, how long have Ronnie Wood and Keith Richard been on drugs, and how often have they been booed off stage?

Comment

Working...
                      X