• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    There's also an hour long special on 6 music

I always wondered what all the fuss was about with her, she had a good voice, but it's not as if she churned out loads of brilliant albums. She was better known for being papped and her destructive lifestyle.
    And also for being some sort of fashion icon while actually being a bit of a minger.

People actually wore dusters on their head, Ogden style, to emulate her. It's more of an indictment of the fans actually.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      And also for being some sort of fashion icon while actually being a bit of a minger.

People actually wore dusters on their head, Ogden style, to emulate her. It's more of an indictment of the fans actually.
      A bit? Understatement of the year. It's just a jump to the left.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Her music was ok but she wasn't John Lennon. I really not sure she deserves front page on the BBC news website along with those 100 Norwegians which is a real tragedy.
        With only two albums under her belt she was hardly a musical legend.
        Now if people like Bob Marley and Peter Tosh had lived on...

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
          With only two albums under her belt she was hardly a musical legend.
          Now if people like Bob Marley and Peter Tosh had lived on...
          WHS

Just heard someone on Radio 1 describe her as 'A voice of a generation'

I'm sorry for her parents. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Flawed genius?

Personally I thought she was crap. Bottom drawer talent. I never did understand why anyone thought she had talent.

Just another dead druggy I'm afraid.
            Exactly .....

She sounded like a strangled floor crawling bar skank, her music was terrible with the only ocassional catchy semi-hit badly performed. She even got booed off in her last comeback gig and everyone demanded a refund.

She never had any talent at all. The only reason she was famous because she was a skank, so she fitted right in the UK.

Glad she's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              WHS

Just heard someone on Radio 1 describe her as 'A voice of a generation'

I'm sorry for her parents. That's it.
              If that's the voice of the latest generation, I fear for the future of the UK!

I dont even feel sorry for her parents at all. In fact, they need slapping.

Maybe if they had done a better job raising her, they wouldnt have had a daughter fame grasping (probably from a lack of accolade in her childhood she was trying to fill), substance abusing, talentless hack.

The rest of us manage through life without drugging and drinking ourselves to death because we actually had parents that cared more than amy winehouse's.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                If that's the voice of the latest generation, I fear for the future of the UK!

I dont even feel sorry for her parents at all. In fact, they need slapping.

Maybe if they had done a better job raising her, they wouldnt have had a daughter fame grasping (probably from a lack of accolade in her childhood she was trying to fill), substance abusing, talentless hack.

The rest of us manage through life without drugging and drinking ourselves to death because we actually had parents that cared more than amy winehouse's.
                You really are a thick judgemental ignorant cock. What the fook do you know about her upbringing or the reasons for her behaviour?
                Another CUK moron.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Rest in Peace Dear Amy - Shine On.

Out, Out, brief candle

Life's but a walking shadow
                  a poor player
                  That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
                  And then is heard no more.

It is a tale
                  Told by an idiot
                  full of sound and fury
                  Signifying -
                  Nothing.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 July 2011, 14:38.

Comment

FWIW I thought she was quit talented, at least early one before she lost the plot with the booze and drugs. Her first few singles and album I thought were really very good and she had the voice to have been one of the all time greats.

No doubt the record company execs are seeing this as a win/win. No more cancelled gigs and shoddy performances, no need for 24 hour chaperones to keep her in line and they get to re-release all her stuff in a dozen different formats and mixes without having to pay her for it.

Moving on.

So in the absence of any concrete information form the police. What do we think the cause of death will be?

My money is on "choked on her own vomit" in the best rock and roll tradition.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      FWIW I thought she was quit talented, at least early one before she lost the plot with the booze and drugs. Her first few singles and album I thought were really very good and she had the voice to have been one of the all time greats.

No doubt the record company execs are seeing this as a win/win. No more cancelled gigs and shoddy performances, no need for 24 hour chaperones to keep her in line and they get to re-release all her stuff in a dozen different formats and mixes without having to pay her for it.

Moving on.

So in the absence of any concrete information form the police. What do we think the cause of death will be?

My money is on "choked on her own vomit" in the best rock and roll tradition.
                      Strangled by an ex-News of the World Music journalist.

Comment

Working...
                      X