• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin blows George Osborne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin blows George Osborne

Virgin’s Swiss move is blow to George Osborne - Telegraph

I hope all other businesses follow suit. Cut taxes or die you stupid coonts.

Gotta love the reaction from the Daily Fail sheep

Sir Richard Branson 'to move part of Virgin to Switzerland' in blow for British economy | This is Money
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Tubular Bells. I rest my case.

Comment

It seems that hardly anybody is reading the article very carefully.

Say that Tesco is split into 2 companies, one huge one in the UK with a massive turnover, one tiny one in Switzerland with the rights to the name 'Tesco'.

Tesco UK makes a huge profit. Tesco Switzerland charges Tesco UK a huge amount of money to use the name 'Tesco'. This huge amount is subtracted from the Tesco UK profit, meaning they don't have to pay so much - perhaps even nothing - in tax in the UK, where the profit was earned. The huge amount is almost pure profit for the tiny Tesco Switzerland, which taxes it in Switzerland.

This is effectively the Virgin situation.
        Ah ha, I knew the evil empire would be at it too. Is Tesco Satan incorporated?

Comment

Shock, horror, another loop-hole gets exploited, let's see HMRC have a go at retrospective legislation on this...

Mind you, this wouldn't be the first time that RB has sailed close to the wind re. HMRC (Customs & Excise as was...)

Comment

Looks like this year some tax cuts will be introduced (from 2012/2013), namely 50% rate abolished and CGT dropped to below 20% (or taper relief reintroduced).

You heard it on here first...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Looks like this year some tax cuts will be introduced (from 2012/2013), namely 50% rate abolished and CGT dropped to below 20% (or taper relief reintroduced).

You heard it on here first...
              No I didn't, you're on my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Shock, horror, another loop-hole gets exploited, let's see HMRC have a go at retrospective legislation on this...
                Actually locating company in a foreign country when it earns money from foreign business is not a loophole.

Comment

I can't stand Branson and the Virgin hype machine. He does the same trick every time, launches a product in an already saturated market and then blames the resident market leader for being the market leader. Idiots fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I can't stand Branson and the Virgin hype machine. He does the same trick every time, launches a product in an already saturated market and then blames the resident market leader for being the market leader. Idiots fall for it.
                    Will say one thing for him, he knows when to jump. Virgin music stores were sold at a handsome profit to who was it zavvi? Then they went bust.

RB sees the ship is sinking; he's the guy standing on the iceberg as the rest of us on the titanic sinks to our doom.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X