• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Circling the plug hole (bedwetting thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity,

what are your skills ?

It really is time to be looking for work anywhere geographically just to get your through

short term pain for a long term gain

whatever you do don't just sit on your backside and wait for the bailiffs to come

get onto jobserve and looks for jobs anywhere in europe and take what you can get
    simply to keep your hand in until the good times come back

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Suity,

what are your skills ?

It really is time to be looking for work anywhere geographically just to get your through

short term pain for a long term gain

whatever you do don't just sit on your backside and wait for the bailiffs to come

get onto jobserve and looks for jobs anywhere in europe and take what you can get
      simply to keep your hand in until the good times come back

Milan.
      I do a cracking Sean Connery impression.

Seriously though I have been doing business analysis for the last 18 months, prior to that I was a developer, C# .net and the MS tech stack. Also BPM (Metastorm, Appian) runs through a lot of my CV.

South Germany, mmmmmmmmmmm, schweinfleisch und weissbier. Ales gut.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I think your problem is going to be that you look thick and lazy....If you can overcome that and your dullness, you might get past an interviewer.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Better widen the scope. Good thinking.

That sort of thinking shall threaten to increase your income...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I think your problem is going to be that you look thick and lazy....If you can overcome that and your dullness, you might get past an interviewer.

HTH BIDI
            I resemble that comment.

I'm thinking of retraining as a toboganist.

Comment

I do a cracking Sean Connery impression.

Seriously though I have been doing business analysis for the last 18 months, prior to that I was a developer, C# .net and the MS tech stack. Also BPM (Metastorm, Appian) runs through a lot of my CV.

South Germany, mmmmmmmmmmm, schweinfleisch und weissbier. Ales gut.
              Have you done no development in the past 18 months? The MS tech stack still seems to have a reasonable market so could you create a development CV and see how that goes.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Have you done no development in the past 18 months? The MS tech stack still seems to have a reasonable market so could you create a development CV and see how that goes.
                Only on plan B.

I put C# into jobserve and got 4 pages. Every role had some reason I can't do it. Mostly the ubiquitous "Must have front office experience", or sometimes "must write and speak good German.

No banking experience seems to be my biggest hurdle with the state of the market at present.

Comment

It is that time of year when most of the pimps are off on their annual fishing trips.

Things will pick up come September.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Only on plan B.

I put C# into jobserve and got 4 pages. Every role had some reason I can't do it. Mostly the ubiquitous "Must have front office experience", or sometimes "must write and speak good German.

No banking experience seems to be my biggest hurdle with the state of the market at present.
                    Considering the first two c# roles I encountered local to you are Tesco and Fiat I accept your point. Its August though so things are slow.

I gather a lot of NHS work is about to appear in Manchester but even the 100% sure things seem to be on a slight go slow at the moment.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Considering the first two c# roles I encountered local to you are Tesco and Fiat I accept your point. Its August though so things are slow.

I gather a lot of NHS work is about to appear in Manchester but even the 100% sure things seem to be on a slight go slow at the moment.
                      I wouldnt count on anything new coming out of the NHS at the moment. The PAC's report has ruffled feathers, the Major Projects Review Board are involved and Govt. are looking to cut costs.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X