• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is maybe a difference between organising something and even paying for it, and letting company HR organise something on your behalf like a permie... especially if they have a cake/card fund for leavers that everyone chips into.

Of course your Line Manager buying you a pint is different, but generally you'd want to make this a P2P thing not a B2B thing - a few drinks or a meal with the people you work with and get along with and/or the people who might sign a future contract
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I never leave drinks
      I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I don't do "drinks".

I see myself more as the Clint Eastwood type riding off alone into the sunset.
        A cowboy?

Comment

When MF & I worked together (I use the term "worked" in it's loosest possible definition - MF did fairly close to bugger all, and all I did was organise a pillaging party to relieve him of his beloved test network, which he didn't notice for several days, kind of proving my point about the bugger all thing.)
          Anyway, way back when, he didn't sign my leaving card, but he did at least sign the restraining order...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            especially if they have a cake/card fund for leavers that everyone chips into.

Comment

The more professional-consultancy-style approach is to do the formal schmoozing at the start of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                A cowboy?
                A hired gun.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Get the first round in, but don't tell them your paying, I've seen contractors lumbered with vast bills for some cheeky scamps who ordered moet, cristal by the bottle.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                  X