• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving drinks?

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is usual to have leaving drinks with your team in the end of the contract?

If you had a good time working there and like the other people, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
      Hi all,

Just wondering if it is usual to have leaving drinks with your team in the end of the contract?
      Unless you hate absolutely everyone yes. You never know if you need a reference or if they may want a contractor again and its always good to be remembered fondly.

I reckon 1 round of drinks followed by a subsequent phone call more than justifies doing it on the off-chance for evermore.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi all,

Odd question that - surely it depends on how your working relationship is with your colleagues.

In any case, buy a little food with the drinks and claim the lot as an expense against your Ltd.

Comment

I had a great time with the guys but I am just thinking given that contractors come and go so often, I don't know whether it's a general thing to do the whole leaving drinks thing, but thanks for the replies.

Comment

I always have some kind of leaving do for the people I've worked with. Sometimes it's been just a piss up starting at lunchtime on my last day. Other times I've taken them out to dinner - I pay for the champagne and the meal. Other drinks are their own look out. All claimed back through the company.

It depends very much on the organisation, the people and the daily rate.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hi all,

Depends how much your trying to get into your female co-workers knickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Depends how much your trying to get into your female co-workers knickers.
                Surely trying it on at the leaving do is a bit late in the day.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Surely trying it on at the leaving do is a bit late in the day.
                  Not as you don't have to work with them when they invariably tell you to "sod off".

Comment

Depends on the gig.

Last few have been bit parts. At one contract earlier this year I just walked out at 5pm having not seen anyone all day.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X