• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunglasses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunglasses

Got to get some aviators for holiday. Randolph Engineering look very good and have good reviews. Have also been looking at Maui Jim...anyone any experience of these?

I'm after quality rather than label

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    Got to get some aviators for holiday. Randolph Engineering look very good and have good reviews. Have also been looking at Maui Jim...anyone any experience of these?

I'm after quality rather than label
    Been wearing maui jims for a few years. My wife (dispensing optician) recomended them, before she gave up work. Very good lenses, wish i'd have chosen a different frame to the one I have but overall I have been very impressed.

Edit: These are similar to the ones I have...tulip, that's the first time I've ever seen the price.

jims
    Last edited by conned tractor; 16 August 2011, 20:02.

Comment

Gunnar Optiks - If they're good enough for 50c...

Comment

I've been wearing a pair of "Oakley's" bought in Greece a few years ago that cost me 8 euro

Comment

I've been wearing 'Bloc' sunglasses for cycling, they do the job - very clear. Never invested too much in glasses as I tend to stand on/sit down on/forget them somewhere, usually once every 2 years if I'm doing well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              I've been wearing 'Bloc' sunglasses for cycling, they do the job - very clear. Never invested too much in glasses as I tend to stand on/sit down on/forget them somewhere, usually once every 2 years if I'm doing well.
              I like these but they don't really suit me, same with Oakley.

Think I'll go with these. Seem to be fairly good value.

Randolph Aviator 55mm (Medium) Grey Lens with 3 Frame Options - Detailed item view - Leading Pilot Supplies, Pilot Equipment, Flying Equipment, Pilot Gear, and Aircraft Supplies at Proviation Pilot Shop

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I've been wearing a pair of "Oakley's" bought in Greece a few years ago that cost me 8 euro
                Ohhh. That's why you look like Benny Hill.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Nice find Craig - post back here when you get them with an idea of how robust they are. I've yet to find a pair of unbreakable glasses.

Comment

I have a set of the Maui Jims titanium sport. They are great because I have a fat head and other models tend to spring the arms and feel tight.
                    The only issue I have with the jims is the stress fractures where the arms meet the lenses which will soon give way completely. Had them for 5 years so not over bothered.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X