I was promised that my contract is to be extended but hasn't yet so what to do now? I was promised that my contract is to be extended but hasn't yet so what to do now? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 37 of 37

Godlike

milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by oracleslave View Post
    FFS, another bedwetter, just what we need.

I gotta say, the current generation of contractor wannabees are right bunch of bed wetters

Milan.

Godlike

milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by zeitghost View Post
    And just think how hard it is to achieve that.

Milan.

Banned

Churchill has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    I gotta say, the current generation of contractor wannabees are right bunch of bed wetters

Milan.
    Da! In Soviet Russia...

Ooops, wrong log-in...

Still gathering requirements...

Dynamic has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The thing that really rings out as untrue is that if you really were in with a chance of an extension the agent would be all over it like a rash!
    Just came back from work today and checked my thread to see what experiences others are sharing and noticed Churchill's initiation in quickly misunderstanding, misreading and misjudging has attracted so many stupid and rather funny comments, that deserve best only those who made them, from people who claim to be highly professional! Those comments don't deserve to be responded to individually so I wouldn't waste my time and yours...I hope this clears.

Churchill, as I had said both of those comments were about my potential (promised) extension contract which hasn't been signed on paper yet (I just had words and promise and its duration was not yet certainly determined).

Update on the story development:
    My 3 months contract ended today but thanks to my great luck, our Head of technology came back from holiday today earlier than expected and he came to talk to me about this. He said we'd definitely extend your contract as we've been very happy with your work (He knows they can't deliver the project without me basically as no one knows what I know!).

I told him many thanks for the verbal promise but I'm afraid unless I receive my signed contract or a letter of intention to extend, I won't be able to come to work next week as there are potentially serious legal and insurance risks and concerns (thanks to those who mentioned this in this thread yesterday). Then he said, don't worry; leave it to me and I'll sort it out.

He came back to me in the afternoon and said I've asked our HR to contact the agent to sort out the extension contract as a monthly rolling contract if that's OK with you...I said that's great but a rolling contract wouldn't be IR35 friendly I think and I asked could it be a long term contract (1 year) instead and you can give your notice whenever my service not needed any more ... and he agreed and apologized for the delay in this ... so fingers crossed only the rate negotiation phase is left between the agency and client which happens on Tuesday (my holiday) and I can go back to work on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Dynamic; 26th August 2011 at 20:48.

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Just came back from work today and checked my thread to see what experiences others are sharing and noticed Churchill's initiation in quickly misunderstanding, misreading and misjudging has attracted so many stupid and rather funny comments, that deserve best only those who made them, from people who claim to be highly professional! Those comments don't deserve to be responded to individually so I wouldn't waste my time and yours in reading and I hope this would clear any misunderstanding.
    If you hadn't already noticed, Churchill is about as moronic as CUK posters come. If there was a barrel, and you scraped the bottom, then kept scraping until you were through the barrel and into the ground below, then kept digging for 10000 years, at the bottom of that hole, you'd still be way off reaching the level that Churchilll is.

hth

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Still gathering requirements...

Dynamic has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If you hadn't already noticed, Churchill is about as moronic as CUK posters come. If there was a barrel, and you scraped the bottom, then kept scraping until you were through the barrel and into the ground below, then kept digging for 10000 years, at the bottom of that hole, you'd still be way off reaching the level that Churchilll is.
    Oh dear, sorry to hear you have had such experience and managed to dig for 10,000 years with the hope of reaching Churchill's level and still you were way off where he is. you should be a very hard worker
    Last edited by Dynamic; 26th August 2011 at 20:56.

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Looks like you've found someone who is in tune with your razor sharp wit MF
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....