• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hard Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For £50 you could fly to Ibiza and camp in a luxury camp site with TV, free WiFi, wash rooms, bar, etc. As well as being close to a beach, walking trails, etc. And if you don't fancy paying €4/night for camping, woods are right next door and cover much of the island.

Camping Cala Nova - Ibiza

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      Malc and I have been whiling away the time playing "French cricket" with a couple of chaps from New Zealand in the tent next door.

No, a lot of squelching and uncoordinated fumbling before you finally get it up.
      Indeed!

Unfortunately we weren't on a campsite, we were in some dark woods with no company or facilities, so Steve, Ed and I had to entertain ourselves but it was a long time ago, back in the seventies, and I can't remember what japes we got up to.

Sadly Ed went off his rocker a few years later, and I'm given to understand the poor chap died young. The last time I saw him was at a mutual friend's wedding reception in the eighties, at which he performed a bizarre dance on his own, before the music had started, while everyone else was chatting convivially around the periphery.

There but for the grace of God, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        he performed a bizarre dance on his own
        He could have joined my barbershop quartet. We're incorporating a Cossack dancing routine into our act and are all currently under the tutelage of the Greerson Ponsenby Dance School.

It's very hard; one crouches down with one's heels together, arms folded across the chest while alternately kicking a leg straight out in front. Back is kept straight at all times.

Comment

He could have joined my barbershop quartet. We're incorporating a Cossack dancing routine into our act and are all currently under the tutelage of the Greerson Ponsenby Dance School.

It's very hard; one crouches down with one's heels together, arms folded across the chest while alternately kicking a leg straight out in front. Back is kept straight at all times.
          And shout "Oi!"?

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Malc and I have been whiling away the time playing "French cricket" with a couple of chaps from New Zealand in the tent next door.

No, a lot of squelching and uncoordinated fumbling before you finally get it up.
              And you all failed to make the obvious "batting for the other side" comment. Tsk, tsk.

Chef is right - standards have plummeted.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

In my younger days, having strong and firm thighs due to my many athletic pursuits, I had a go at Cossack dancing. It was jolly difficult.

I don't think Ed was cut out for it, he was of a more spindly build. It's hard to describe his style of dancing on that day. To give you a flavour, part of it was ducking down low with his legs akimbo and his hands spread out beside his head grinning upwards at people.

Anyway, if you have any videos of your Cossack dancing to a Barbershop Quartet please post them. I'm fascinated by the concept!
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 8 September 2011, 22:40.

Comment

Working...
                X