• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to North permanently....Any IT Job out there..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to North permanently....Any IT Job out there..??

After spending many years around M4 Corridor, I am seriously looking to move North after selling my small 2BHK in south east.

Only worry I have is on Job prospects in North..? Recently when I was working in Newcastle most of my colleagues were from either Scotland or from South East. HR guy told me he is not getting any qualified local IT contractors in North..!!– Which looks promising for me to move there..!!

Same time I have been told only places to get decent IT job in North is Leeds, Newcastle & Stockport..??

Which one to believe..??

There was one job but DimPrawn took it.

HTH

Comment

You after permie work or contracts?

Here in Yorkshire contracts are limited, you might be better NW around Manchester etc or further north towards Newcastle but all in all I think the south is still the place to be
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Here in Yorkshire contracts are limited, you might be better NW around Manchester etc or further north towards Newcastle but all in all I think the south is still the place to be
        You'll upset scooter!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          There was one job but DimPrawn took it.

HTH
          WHS.

However, I'm leaving very soon, so fill yer boots!

Comment

Absolutely no jobs in the North.

Every IT contractor from north of Watford Gap has been on the bench for five years or more.

We're all just sitting here waiting for a left wing government to get in and re-open the pits.

HTH.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Absolutely no jobs in the North.

Every IT contractor from north of Watford Gap has been on the bench for five years or more.

We're all just sitting here waiting for a left wing government to get in and re-open the pits.

HTH.
              WHS. I've scraped a living selling used Pigeons and Whippets on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS. I've scraped a living selling used Pigeons and Whippets on eBay.
                I've prospered in flat caps and haggis microwave meals.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I sell tea. Cold tea. No milk, no sugar, no tea... and so on. It was inevitable, so I thought I'd get there first.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                    After spending many years around M4 Corridor, I am seriously looking to move North after selling my small 2BHK in south east.

Only worry I have is on Job prospects in North..? Recently when I was working in Newcastle most of my colleagues were from either Scotland or from South East. HR guy told me he is not getting any qualified local IT contractors in North..!!– Which looks promising for me to move there..!!

Same time I have been told only places to get decent IT job in North is Leeds, Newcastle & Stockport..??

Which one to believe..??
                    No decent jobs around here mate, stay down south and leave us to fend for the scraps.

Comment

Working...
                    X