• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the market like right now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the market like right now?

I'm a highly experienced .NET developer but not getting any responses from my applications.

I had a big fall out with my last recruitment consultant who tried to withhold my pay for a month - resulting in him getting dragged down to the office and getting a total bollocking from the CEO who threatened him with dissolution of their professional relationship.

I'm kinda worried he blacklisted me or something out of spite. I've heard there's an underground illegal blacklist that all recruitment consultants share.

Or am I just being paranoid - is the market slow right now? I'm really worried to be honest with you.

Yes, you are paranoid and the chances of you encountering this guy again are quite small.
    There are hundreds of recruitment businesses and some of them are actually quite good.
    Move on.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have no idea what the market is like at the mo. I know nothing about .net

but I do know that when you are strugging to get an interview all sorts of worries cloud your mind. They are unfounded
      just stick at it, get methodical and develop a '**** you' attidude

good luck mate

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wondering the same myself - different skillset though.

From past experience, there is normally a spike in roles in September and wondered if that is the case at the moment.

Comment

The market's tulipe at present.

Being placed near useless and shouty resourcing dept at clientco (posts passim) has been both ******* annoying and slightly informative.

The head shouty, a hair-gelled tosser, was shouting only yesterday to some bloke on the phone that there is no such thing as a blacklist - and there isn't - it would require less shouting and more work and that'd never do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Yes, you are paranoid and the chances of you encountering this guy again are quite small.
            There are hundreds of recruitment businesses and some of them are slightly less tulipe than others.
            Move on.
            Appropriate repairs administered.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              The head shouty, a hair-gelled tosser, was shouting only yesterday to some bloke on the phone that there is no such thing as a blacklist - and there isn't - it would require less shouting and more work and that'd never do.
              Its maintenance would also require recruiters to cooperate with each other, rather than stab each other in the back at the slightest sniff of a fiver. Whatever the reason for your lack of success, a blacklist isn't it.

Comment

If he's added you to the agency grey list then yes you're going to be blacklisted. Use the search facility on here to find how to get taken off.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

.NET = .NOT

Learn Java.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    There are hundreds of recruitment businesses and some of them are actually quite good.
                    Move on.
                    WZS
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X