• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Move it into the cloud so you're no longer responsible for any hardware.
    I like your thinking. Where do you get your ideas?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Buster Bloodvessel was 53 yesterday
      Walking on Sunshine was one of my faovs ... good old Bbuster

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Move it into the cloud so you're no longer responsible for any hardware.
        If only that was the case. Amazon is painful as you end up managing virtual servers all the time, Azure is not quite as bad but the SQL server costs can be scary.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Considering buying replacement switch, looking at £5k minimum cost
          £5K?? They saw you coming.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I like your thinking. Where do you get your ideas?
            Same place as everyone else, the Borg.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              If only that was the case. Amazon is painful as you end up managing virtual servers all the time, Azure is not quite as bad but the SQL server costs can be scary.

Seeing as (IIRC) SKA was/is built upon p2p clients trawling the web on his behalf, maybe AtW could roll out an add-on for p2p cloud services rather than faffing about with centralized servers.

[As always, my ideas come with a 10% charge for usage. Cheaper than getting a consultant in. ]
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Don’t be silly, you need at least a double pole double throw to do proper switching.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

ON the plus side that £5k is tax deductable and might cancel out your corporation tax liability for the year
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    ON the plus side that £5k is tax deductable and might cancel out your corporation tax liability for the year
                    Only if you do not exceed your Annual Investment Allowance which goes down next year to pathetic £25k

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Only if you do not exceed your Annual Investment Allowance which goes down next year to pathetic £25k
                      Your offshore company in Panama owns the router. They rent it to your UK company for £20k per year.

As it is rented you get the full taxable allowance of £20k

You pay flat rate tax of £200 to your Offshore Company.

"Expenses" for running the company are made through the offshore ATM card.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X