• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeview!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And when they were testing the HD transmissions way back when you could watch two images of a rugby match at the same time, side by side.
    They had that during Wimbledon this year, as part of 3D coverage... if you didn't have a 3D TV you just saw the two images.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      As of today, five channels in glorious standard definition. The future is now!

(I've had Sky for nearly 8 years, so it's somewhat redundant).
      I don't understand why five channels? The digital tuner should find 100-odd signals, many of them radio or rubbish, but more than five should be standard definition TV.

There should be four high-definition channels. ITV HD may be useful during the rugby world cup, if your Sky tuners are insufficient for your needs. (I live in a flat so my Sky HD box has only one feed, having a Freeview HD tuner on an HTPC and another built into the TV is occasionally a useful supplement)

Comment

A couple of weeks ago the TV where I'm staying during the week was constantly putting up messages saying I'd have to retune everything on aug 31st.

But I haven't bothered, and all the channels are still there.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Freeview is just pointless, I was using an old sky box with an old card for the bedroom and changed to freeview only when I got a new LCD TV, thinking of putting it back to sky now. You can still pick up a few free film channels which are great if you enjoy true life movies about battered wifes getting their lifes back together (channel 188)

Comment

I used to have sky. I would rather spend the money on a subscription to lovefilm tbh. Freeview / freesat is 99% rubbish.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
              I don't understand why five channels? The digital tuner should find 100-odd signals, many of them radio or rubbish, but more than five should be standard definition TV.
              It's 21 "channels", but obviously I don't count radio and "red button" stuff as a channel.

That's one out of the six multiplexes. Phase two in three weeks time is to turn off the rest of the analogue signal, and then I'll get four of the six multiplexes. They say I'll then get 16 SD channels, and four HD channels.

I could have had Freeview all along if I'd paid to have a big external aerial installed, but Sky was a free install so I just did that instead. Current aerial is actually inside the loft and points at the local relay, which is why all I've had through my aerial up to now is the four analogue channels, and in pretty poor quality at that.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

In case anyone cares, NetFlix is meant to be coming to the UK soon, and has great online streaming... like LoveFilm but they actually have content worth watching.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X