Un-believable discounts at Halfords Autocentre (Nationwide) on MOT for AA members.!! Un-believable discounts at Halfords Autocentre (Nationwide) on MOT for AA members.!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Fingers like lightning

    Darren_Test doesn't make much sense

    Darren_Test's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    790

    Default Un-believable discounts at Halfords Autocentre (Nationwide) on MOT for AA members.!!

    You will not believe this...What AA members are getting from Half**ds Autocentre (Nationwide) ...!!

    If you are NOT AA member MOT cost - £ 27.42
    If you claim to be a AA member MOT cost (after 'discount' ) - £ 36.75

    Woooooooow...!! .......Un-believable........!!

  2. #2

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    So you get the cheap option and then pay 500 pounds for unnecessary repairs, or pay 10 pounds more for the AA option and then pay 490 pounds for unnecessary repairs. They're all bloody conmen anyway.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  3. #3

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    7,046

    Default

    Why does a contractor have a car that requires an M.O.T. ?
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  4. #4

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why does a contractor have a car that requires an M.O.T. ?
    I have a car that requires an MOT as a cost cutting measure introduced during the 2008-9 banking crisis. I 'downgraded' from a new Peugeot which kept breaking down to a 5 year old Benz E-Class and have decided I'll probably drive it until it dies, quite simply because I like it and it doesn't keep breaking down.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  5. #5

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    7,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I have a car that requires an MOT as a cost cutting measure introduced during the 2008-9 banking crisis. I 'downgraded' from a new Peugeot which kept breaking down to a 5 year old Benz E-Class and have decided I'll probably drive it until it dies, quite simply because I like it and it doesn't keep breaking down.
    That's all very well, but doesn't the butler organise the MOT ?

    HTH

    DimPrawn
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  6. #6

    Super poster

    wobbegong is too good to be a permie

    wobbegong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why does a contractor have a car that requires an M.O.T. ?
    "Bangernomics".

  7. #7

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    That's all very well, but doesn't the butler organise the MOT ?

    HTH

    DimPrawn
    No, I wouldn't let anyone else drive my contractormobile, especially not the butler after he's been polishing the silver.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    rd409 is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why does a contractor have a car that requires an M.O.T. ?
    To go to the client site. To make sure that all the permies over there are not jealous of the leisure cars that are owned by contractors.

    HTH.
    Dave.

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Arturo Bassick has no reputation

    Arturo Bassick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    he's been polishing the silver.
    Is that a euphemism? You lazy sod!
    Just saying like.

    where there's chaos, there's cash !

    I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

    Lowering the tone since 1963

  10. #10

    Godlike

    BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

    BoredBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    whereever the work is
    Posts
    7,195

    Default

    I have 2 cars and neither are any good. The one I use down here is an old pug 206 that I bought off my cousin for £400 14 months ago. So far its cost me £140 for repairs to the brakes and the cost of a MOT and that's pretty much it. It looks sh1t and nicely lowers the tone at Beaconsfield train station where it lives.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

    I preferred version 1!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •