• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good questions for 1st parental school meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Don't be worried about hitting him. I know from experience he can take a punch"
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      This evening I am going to attend the first parental school meeting for my daughters class, she is in grade 1.
      Grade 1? What is this? Some kind of yank school?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        "Don't be worried about hitting him. I know from experience he can take a punch"

You are David Thorne, and I claim my seven legged spider.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Hi all

This evening I am going to attend the first parental school meeting for my daughters class, she is in grade 1.

I believe the meeting is mostly a general orientation.

I fear it could be very boring so I am sure everyone would enjoy it if I have many questions to get a dialog going.

Here is where I need your help.

What would be good questions?
          What question would make a teacher squirm?

Good can both mean good and "good".
          "What is the school's policy on [preventing] homosexuality"
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Grade 1? What is this? Some kind of yank school?
            How would I know what kind of school it is - I just pay the humoungous school fees. Her class is named "1D" , so I deducted she is in grade 1. What the £$%^ do I know about schooling these days. I recently learnt that the are more tags than baby, girl and woman for a female. Evidently there is also toddler, preschooler and others that I have already forgotten.

But my daughter is a bright one - she recently told her mother (my wife ) that I was the most important member of the family as I was the one making the money so they could buy stuff. She is clearly cut out for contracting.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

How would I know what kind of school it is - I just pay the humoungous school fees. Her class is named "1D" , so I deducted she is in grade 1. What the £$%^ do I know about schooling these days. I recently learnt that the are more tags than baby, girl and woman for a female. Evidently there is also toddler, preschooler and others that I have already forgotten.

But my daughter is a bright one - she recently told her mother (my wife ) that I was the most important member of the family as I was the one making the money so they could buy stuff. She is clearly cut out for contracting.
              Yeah, kids do tend to learn by example and repeat phrases they constantly hear around the house.

Keep bringing home that bacon kid!
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

You are David Thorne, and I claim my seven legged spider.

It's a fair cop. And by the way that is use of copyrighted material and you owe me AU$223
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh, I see. You're the yank.

In the UK, we tend to talk about "Year 1" or "1st Year". Grades refers to either marks gained in tests, exams, school report (you probably know these as "report cards"), or music examination levels.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Oh, I see. You're the yank.

In the UK, we tend to talk about "Year 1" or "1st Year". Grades refers to either marks gained in tests, exams, school report (you probably know these as "report cards"), or music examination levels.
                    not really a Yank

but I agree that this thing of multiple names for the same thing is a pain in the behind.

So, she is 6 years old, whatever "year", "grade","level" or title there is associated with that is what they were talking about yesterday.
                    It is a school with the "international baccalaureate" program. Should prepare her well for later life.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X