• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm spending the weekend under a duvet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm spending the weekend under a duvet

Could someone tell me when this 9/11 slush-fest is over?

For flip's sake, why can't the Yanks get over it? Sentimentality is one of their least endearing traits.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Katrina deaths were about 4000 and the twin towers under 3000 and no comparable celebration is likely for the former, is it because I is black? Would it be a different story had the twin towers been swamped (which admittedly would be a bit unlikely given their height)?

Comment

I wonder; what would the people who died in the towers think of the loss of 1760 marines in the campaigns that followed. Not to mentioned the sacrifices made of the other forces from around the world.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Or the 1600 in the Bolton Massacre of 1644....

Bolton Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Said this on here before, the UK news channels pick up easy feeds from the states to the point the presidential elections get just as much news coverage as our elections. The amount of coverage Obama got was abnormal, every night for easily 2 months we got Obama this, Obama that at the head of the UK news programs.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Said this on here before, the UK news channels pick up easy feeds from the states to the point the presidential elections get just as much news coverage as our elections. The amount of coverage Obama got was abnormal, every night for easily 2 months we got Obama this, Obama that at the head of the UK news programs.
            English speaking and no extra effort needed.

They would swamp us with Oz, Australian and Canadian news if their populations were bigger.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Katrina is natural disaster and 9/11 is the first major attack on US soil. It's the Pearl Harbor of 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Katrina is natural disaster and 9/11 is the first major attack on US soil. It's the Pearl Harbor of 21st century.
                You mean foreign.

You forget their home grown terrorism like the Oklahoma Bomber and the Washington Sniper.

UK terrorists tend to be home grown even if they do get foreign help with their "training."
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Why do they have to keep showing that footage of those poor sods jumping to their deaths?

Comment

When are we getting sentimental about the 1million people killed in Iraq and Afghanistan???

Oh sorry I forgot. 1 Western Life is worth 1000x more than the rest of the world.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X