• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hapless Scot or Great Britain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hapless Scot or Great Britain?

It's the time of the year again where Andy Murray arrives at another Semi Final and finds Rafa in his way.

Outcome today will be?
    The unsmiling hapless losing Scot
    50.00%
    The unsmiling winning Great Britain
    14.29%
    AndyW would have beaten both of them at the same time.
    35.71%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Rafa is on fire, Andy remains too emotional.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Better a hapless player consistently reaching the semis/finals of Grand Slam tournaments than a spineless loser of the Henman ilk.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Better a hapless player consistently reaching the semis/finals of Grand Slam tournaments than a spineless loser of the Henman ilk.
        Henman reached six Grand Slam semi-finals, won 15 career ATP titles and was ranked number 4 in the world
        ...& once again you open yourself up to ridicule with your assertions...
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Won't he be a Great Briton?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Djokovic to beat Rafa for the championship again?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Like Celtic and Rangers in Europe all over again.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Is it better to be like Henman, not quite good enough but wringing everything out of the talent he had, or good enough like Murray but serially choking worse than an All Black?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  ...& once again you open yourself up to ridicule with your assertions...
                  How many Finals did Henman make??? FFS even Rusedski managed one.

Had Murray come to his peak years at the same time as Henman (post Sampras and pre Federer) then he would have undoubtedly have won Grand Slam titles. As it was we were left with the mediocre Henman flattering to deceive.
                  I don't think it is simply a case of Murray choking, rather more the case that he is competing against 2-3 extremely good players in Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. To win any Slam involves beating two of them, a huge ask for anyone.
                  Were Henman playing now he would not be getting a sniff of a semi.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Like Celtic and Rangers in Europe all over again.
                    Except that Djokovic and Nadal are the two best players in the world, whereas Celtic and Rangers are
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X