Skills shortage Skills shortage
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Skills shortage

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Default Skills shortage

Foreign workers: skills wanted v skills outlawed - in pictures - Telegraph

Evidently Britain needs coal miners, we don't have any, so they are on the skills list for work permits.

Got to laugh.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

"Needed: Mining and coal engineers

Mining geotechnical engineers and geochemists also make the list. "

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

So, we've got enough biology teachers, vets, ortopists (?), electricity workers and orchestral musicians.

"Biology teachers outlawed".
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Foreign workers: skills wanted v skills outlawed - in pictures - Telegraph

Evidently Britain needs coal miners, we don't have any, so they are on the skills list for work permits.

Got to laugh.
    You couldn't make it up. Lol

Did you?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

vetran is always on top

In the comments link to this story:

The secret immigration policy they tried to hide | Talking Politics - Yahoo!

and interesting info in the comments of that story:

This happens all over the World . My son jumped through hoops and paid good money to get an Australian visa. But when he got there all the jobs were taken up by Koreans brought in on special visas and working for half the normal wage rate. Where ever you go you will be screwed by big corporations. Murdoch is not the only Business man spending time in Downing street Dictating policy.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More fingers than teeth

TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    In fact Trade Commission staff have admitted that the EU/India FTA is, in effect , 85% a UK deal.
    Yep, other countries seem to be a little more interested in the interests of their own people rather than the companies in which the politicians will be taking positions when they leave politics.

Within the supposedly 'capped' UK points based system for labour migration, the government has ensured that the categories relevant to trade commitments have no numerical limits.
    That's true, it was one of the first things Dave did, but spun in a way that sounded as if he was setting immigration limits. He's the spawn of Blair indeed.

One for DimPrawn:
    and similarly Ukip, which has two members on the INTA but actually supports the concept of temporary labour from outside the EU being brought in by transnational corporations.
    And yet people still vote for these people, of whichever party, every 5 years.