Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

More fingers than teeth

TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

Default Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing

Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing | Business | guardian.co.uk

Just like Gordon, saviour of the universe (twice), was saying years ago. He should be Prime Minister. Or maybe he still is, hard to tell.

Banned

Churchill has more data than eek

"Give us yer fookin' money!" - Bob Geldoff, banker!

More fingers than teeth

At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.

bored now

eek is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.
    I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.
    My mother told me that after the war everyone in West Germany was given 50 Deutsche Marks. Can't find a reference to this on-line unfortunately. That would seem fairer. But in all probability all this QEing is for propping up the bank(er)s, rather than the economy directly.