• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"man cave" do you have one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"man cave" do you have one?

Do we have "man caves" this side of the pond, or do we just call them sheds!

Throughout history men have always created personal spaces where they retreat to be amongst friends. Lately, these places, called "man caves", have become a boom industry, with often more than $50,000 (£31,772) being spent on furnishing a single "cave".

BBC News - 'Man cave' boom in America explained
    Last edited by alreadypacked; 15 September 2011, 08:43.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Some shed jokes may be coming up.

Comment

A shed load of jokes will be coming up

Comment

yes, i'm working in the shed / office / man cave right now.

Comment

I have an office. It also doubles as a library, music room, TV room and electronics lab. It's getting a bit crowded actually.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            yes, i'm working in the shed / office / man cave right now.
            What was your budget for the decor?

Did you DIY or have someone in?
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              What was your budget for the decor?

Did you DIY or have someone in?
              Erm, it's a man cave, other than pictures of Monica, a PC, soldering iron and a fridge with beer in what else does one need?

Comment

I spent £50K on one of these: Garden Studios | Sustainable Buildings | Garden Rooms/Offices/Housing - Ecospace Studios

It has some gym equipment, table football, TV, fully-stocked bar, sofabed (for guests), a loo and shower as well as my desk with Imac and laptop.

It's brilliant and I'd have one built when and if if I moved wherever.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I spent £50K on one of these: Garden Studios | Sustainable Buildings | Garden Rooms/Offices/Housing - Ecospace Studios

It has some gym equipment, table football, TV, fully-stocked bar, sofabed (for guests), a loo and shower as well as my desk with Immac and laptop.

And it has lovely soft walls so I don't hurt myself!

It's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I'm not the one displaying their mental oddities on a forum.

HTH, BIDI
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X