• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange brands in Lidl ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I go in for their wurst and sauerkraut, and yes their chocolate is good.

Maybe your kid was sick because he had the bumper size pack. I'd do something about that before he turns into the side of a house...
    I wish my folks had thought like this
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I wish my folks had thought like this
      Ah. I see what you've done there. Good call, phone your parents up and tell them they owe you a replacement bike wheel. Good thinking Bunter.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Ah. I see what you've done there. Good call, phone your parents up and tell them they owe you a replacement bike wheel. Good thinking Bunter.
        I don't actually speak with them any more.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Never tried Lidl but some of the Aldi stuff is ok. We get the German cheeses and cured meats from there, s'good.

Dunno what the brands are though, its all called Blinkelflumpel, and Floop etc. They do some good Lion bar copies called 'Roar', i'm quite partial to those.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I don't actually speak with them any more.
            Cue a barrage of insults
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Some of the dried sausage and cheeses are good in Lidl, as are the staples for pasta sauce making; sundried tomatoes, wild mushrooms in oil, passata, olive oil etc. etc., and it's all cheaper than the 'big four' UK supermarkets.

Our nearest one even has good quality, cheap fresh veg.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                Gone to Lidl today & quite surprised with brands saw there. At least 80% brands saw there never seen in any other shops..!! Many of them written in different languages as well. Then saw in wiki LIDL & ALDI are German super stores. But colour schemes used for many of those Lidl brands are similar to their famous branded cousins. Looked like more a counterfeit shop to me.

Any good/bad experience with Lidl brands..?
                You must be a Troll looking for abuse right?

Comment

I'd die for some käsewurst........

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Yes I would.

I have a spanner fetish.
                    Hazet & Gedore. Lovely.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                      Some of the dried sausage and cheeses are good in Lidl, as are the staples for pasta sauce making; sundried tomatoes, wild mushrooms in oil, passata, olive oil etc. etc., and it's all cheaper than the 'big four' UK supermarkets.

Our nearest one even has good quality, cheap fresh veg.
                      That's cos you live in a decent area.

What Lidl's and Aldi's sell tends to reflect the area they are based in and near.

There is no point selling sundried tomatoes if people in the local area don't eat them.

Anyway both shops often have some good gardening bargains as long as you have a clue about the plants and seeds you want to buy. The seeds tend to be completely different varieties from the ones sold in other UK outlets.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X