• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You're in the wrong forum for helpful advice. Why not try Accounting/Legal or Business/Contracts? In fact, you could search those forums to find the answers to your questions which have been answered time and time again.
    Nah, I'm in the right place. Some humour helps lighten the mood. And EO's advice about jumping ship is good advice.

I don't use those forums as much as I should though, you are right, but sometimes I just like to have a moan on here. It's what makes me "suity".
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Nah, I'm in the right place. Where else would I get any attention. It's what makes me "bedwetter".
      ftfy (somewhat predictably)
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
        ftfy (somewhat predictably)
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Tell them you're opted in. You almost certainly are, unless by some miracle you managed to hit all the necessary steps in the right order. They won't know the steps anyway, so won't be able to argue.

Then tell them that them not being paid is not an excuse for them not paying you. And they are breaking the law and you'll be reporting them to the BIS. And that there's a £5000 fine per offence, and they're committing one each weeek you haven't being paid

Then go to PayonTime.co.uk and get the winding up ball rolling.

Then tell your end client you're leaving because you're not getting paid.

All the above will tend to focus someone's mind

The consultancy, BTW. Something to do with hats and twins?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Submission of a signed time sheet. That was my first card I played. Cut no ice.
            Hmm. Tell the agency it's unacceptable and you won't be on site. Then tell the client and everyone else. Then stay at home and watch TV.

Sending a pro-forma threatening letter for good measure can't hurt...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Tell them you're opted in. You almost certainly are, unless by some miracle you managed to hit all the necessary steps in the right order. They won't know the steps anyway, so won't be able to argue.

Then tell them that them not being paid is not an excuse for them not paying you. And they are breaking the law and you'll be reporting them to the BIS. And that there's a £5000 fine per offence, and they're committing one each weeek you haven't being paid

Then go to PayonTime.co.uk and get the winding up ball rolling.

Then tell your end client you're leaving because you're not getting paid.

All the above will tend to focus someone's mind

The consultancy, BTW. Something to do with hats and twins?
              You are in a wrong forum, people and sockies in General don't offer helpful advice

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You are in a wrong forum, people and sockies in General don't offer helpful advice
                He knows that but he also knows we look after our own (sockies or not).

Plus he's a bedwetter and his wife would prefer to fed her children next month.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  He knows that but he also knows we look after our own (sockies or not).

Plus he's a bedwetter and his wife would prefer to fed her children next month.
                  It's pathetic that he's bred.
                  Ineffective people like him have no business starting families
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    It's pathetic that he's bred. Ineffective people like him have no business starting families
                    That's where you are wrong sas - he'll make a good consumer alongside with scooter...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      It's pathetic that he's bred.
                      Ineffective people like him have no business starting families
                      Any idiot can have children. It's being a good parent that's difficult.

Little feckers.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X