• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working for free

I am now concluding week 5 of my current contract.
    I have an agency. The agency is contracted to the consultancy. The consultancy has the end client.

As per my contract I did a months work, got my timesheet signed by the PM (consultancy) and submitted my invoice.

Then I got told I needed to be registered on an electronic timesheet system with the consultancy, and unless I did this the agency would not get paid.

So reluctantly I did this. I cannot complete my electronic copy of the timesheet as I have not been set up properly and they are investigating. I understand from the PM this could take a while as they (the consultancy) are very beaurocratic.

Meanwhile the agency are refusing to pay until they get paid.

This is the first invoice mind.

Having not had any money in since June, and we are now approaching mid October things are more than a little tight.

Time to jump? Sue? Send the nutters round? Sit tight?

TIA
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So reluctantly I did this. I cannot complete my electronic copy of the timesheet as I have not been set up properly and they are investigating. I understand from the PM this could take a while as they (the consultancy) are very beaurocratic.
    Have you not been set up properly because the process is case and spelling sensitive? HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Have you not been set up properly because the process is case and spelling sensitive? HTH
      no, it's just pedantic and annoying

HTH

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Alarm bells.

The whole point about contracting through an agency is that you get paid whatever.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sounds like the OP is going to get stitched right up. I would recommend he phones up the agent and make a big deal, ranting and raging over the phone before breaking down in tears & sobbing about how he hasn't been paid.

That should sort it all out.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Alarm bells.

The whole point about contracting through an agency is that you get paid whatever.

That's what I thought. Right, time to jump.

Good advice EO.

Comment

What does your contract say about being paid?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Sounds like the OP is going to get stitched right up. I would recommend he phones up the agent and make a big deal, ranting and raging over the phone before breaking down in tears & sobbing about how he hasn't been paid.

That should sort it all out.
                I am very highly strung today MF. And in my situation you would be too.
                For old times sake, helpful comments please?

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
                  What does your contract say about being paid?
                  Submission of a signed time sheet. That was my first card I played. Cut no ice.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I am very highly strung today MF. And in my situation you would be too.
                    For old times sake, helpful comments please?

Have you been drinking?
                    This is General!!
                    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                    X