• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I went round and round and my arm fell off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Nope, but do you believe in Karma?
    no
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      no
      That's alright then.

There's nothing wrong with laughing at someone elses misfortune. The Germans have a word for it which roughly translated means "Thank **** it wasn't my kid."

Comment

tulip happens.
        Yes, I suppose it just resonated with me particularly strongly as I have a youngster who used to be fascinated by the washing machine.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Yes, I suppose it just resonated with me particularly strongly as I have a youngster who used to be fascinated by the washing machine.
          Has he graduated to power tools yet?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Has he graduated to power tools yet?
            Oi Diver!!! Mich is taking the piss out of you, again!

Comment

no
              How about "ARMageddon"?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

or K---a ?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Have read a few of the online articles and haven't found anywhere that's taking donations, and I am not going to some boozer in Crewe! Poor little guy. Hope he gets to Disneyland.

Comment

Seriously, it's rotten luck.

Many years ago, I worked in a foundry near Birmingham, and the guys there would tell horror stories about industrial accidents.

One guy was leaning over a sand mixer and his glasses slipped off his head onto the sand. The sand seemed practically motionless, although the glasses were slowly sinking into it. So he carefully leaned down to grab them, and somehow his hand was caught by a massive mixing arm sweeping round with immense force and speed just below the surface - Caught his arm, and ripped the whole thing clean off, and the poor guy died of blood loss and shock.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

not me. But I used to know this bird who believed in the Kama Sutra. I suppose , in a strange pervy way, I did end up getting my own back

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X