• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are we all doing over the weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my weekend, as nearly always, starts this afternoon but I have said I will try my damn best to have a quiet one this weekend. So basically it will start with a nice meal and a few Bembels of Ebbelwoi tomorrow evening with friends. Thats it so far, I think I'll just let it flow as it comes and as long as I do all my paperwork on Sunday then I'll be fine (as long as its not like last weekend when Frau D. rang me up at work and said she found a piece of paper in my trousers with the telephone number of someone called Chrissy on it!)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

one has to make an effort. so one will be doing Rome , Florence and if one is in the mood
      a slap up 5 course dinner at the captains table.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        one has to make an effort. so one will be doing Rome , Florence and if one is in the mood
        a slap up 5 course dinner at the captains table.

Good on ya! Try not to pinch the captains silverware! Also, a tip from a salty-sea-dog, remember your etiquette and be sure to complement the Captain's wife on the size and pertness of her breasts.*

*It distracts people long enough for you to steal the aforementioned silverware...

Comment

Friday I've a meeting until 17:30 so won't get home until half seven The missus normally cooks something nice on Fridays so will eat and put my feet up.

It's only two weeks until the Father-in-Law moves into the annex on the side of our house so Saturday I'm moving his workshop. I've hired a 3 1/2 ton Luton with a tail lift and a pallet trolley. Me and three mates are moving a lathe, milling machine, drill stand and various other bits of kit to the newly constructed workshop in our garden. We'll also move the rest of the furniture he's taking at the same time and will dump the rest.

Saturday night we're out for dinner and to take a look at a friend's motorhome as we're thinking of getting one.

Sunday I'm still wiring the workshop itself so will do that if it's raining, if not I've some concrete to mix for the base of the new shed which I'll put up next weekend.

Back to work on Monday for a rest!
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Christmas shopping Saturday, as I need to post thing before I go away.
            Sunday company accounts, also need to be done before I go away.

Fab weekend planned

I had a simular plan last year, met a friend for brunch Saturday, got drunk didn't do any shopping, bad hangover Sunday didn't do the accounts
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I know it's only Thursday but I have a day off tomorrow

Tomorrow morning I shall probably get my lardy-arse to the Gym.

Tomorrow evening I will be wearing my apron and gloves.

Saturday I shall be building wardrobes and swearing a lot. Evening I shall be drinking wine over a convivial meal with friends and family.

Sunday morning I will be admiring the newly built wardrobes. (In reality waiting for CM and her sister to finish making the breakfast. )

Monday morning back to the grindstone.

CM got you cooking on Friday then ? Or do you mean a different type of apron and gloves ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                CM got you cooking on Friday then ? Or do you mean a different type of apron and gloves ?
                Me cooking? It's her kitchen!

Nope, a different kind of apron and gloves.

http://youtu.be/dSpOjj4YD8c
                Last edited by Churchill; 20 October 2011, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Me cooking? It's her kitchen!

Nope, a different kind of apron and gloves.
                  'nuff said Brother
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    unfortunately its a wall mirror on a studded chimney breast
                    Cavity wall mount, super secure.

I'm off to Devon for the weekend.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

My favourite vineyard sent me* an email inviting me to try their new 2011 Pinot Gris release so I will be popping over there at some point this weekend.

I'll probably have to watch some Rugby too.

*I know, everybody else on their mailing list too.

Comment

Working...
                      X