• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allez France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allez France

Bars are getting busy. On at 20/1 after pool stages. Hope the ram rooters have an 'off-day'.

I got 6/1 for the final. Good odds in a two-horse race and they're giving me a bit of a run for my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I got 6/1 for the final. Good odds in a two-horse race and they're giving me a bit of a run for my money.
      Dodgy ref, otherwise you could be collecting.

Had £1000 @ 20/1 and laid off £2000 @ 7/1 so still a £6000 profit on betfair (just like the stock market). Will find a bar to watch the manc derby...

Comment

Originally posted by keninparis View Post

Had £1000 @ 20/1 and laid off £2000 @ 7/1 so still a £6000 profit on betfair (just like the stock market). Will find a bar to watch the manc derby...
        Well done.

I knew sneaky froggy was just doing enough to get through each time.

True the ref was one-eyed which was frustrating, the better team lost on the day, but all-in-all a good, hard game that was always close on the scoreboard and you can't ask for much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Well done.

I knew sneaky froggy was just doing enough to get through each time.

True the ref was one-eyed which was frustrating, the better team lost on the day, but all-in-all a good, hard game that was always close on the scoreboard and you can't ask for much more.
          Yep the ref was a bit of knob but that's life and I really enjoyed the game - check out betfair for the best odds in the village plus you can lay off stake money.

Comment

I'm not a big gambler, but does this mean you found odds for France at 20/1 and NZ at 7/1?

At the same day and same time??

What do you mean by you can lay off stake money?
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              I'm not a big gambler, but does this mean you found odds for France at 20/1 and NZ at 7/1?

I'm not a big gambler but have a mate who makes a living from it so get some tips.

With out going into detail a few weeks ago France were 20/1 and my mate reckoned France would beat England. Therefore I had 1K on France at 20/1 (I don't ask how much my mate had on - he's got the tax man on his back), giving a potential return of 20K. The difference with betfair is you can also lay bets (accept bets from other punters at the going rate) and they were 7/1 yesterday, hence accepting a bet of 2K at 7/1 gives a lieabilty of 14K but still a 6K profit.

Check out betfair if your interested - they will explain it better. If England had beaten France would have been 1K down the drain but we thought England were very poor against the scots and thought France would bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post

From what I can tell he bet £1,000 on France @ 20/1 a couple of weeks ago when the odds were good. Once they were in the final the odds dropped to 7/1 so he laid £2,000. So if France won he gets £20,000 from his first bet and pays out £14,000 for the second, hence £6,000 profit. However, as France lost, he would have lost the £1,000 from the first bet, and kept the £2,000 from the second so a £1,000 profit. Hope he hasn't blown the £6k already without checking his account

Comment

Man U 0 - Man C 2

I'm not a big gambler but have a mate who makes a living from it so get some tips.

With out going into detail a few weeks ago France were 20/1 and my mate reckoned France would beat England. Therefore I had 1K on France at 20/1 (I don't ask how much my mate had on - he's got the tax man on his back), giving a potential return of 20K. The difference with betfair is you can also lay bets (accept bets from other punters at the going rate) and they were 7/1 yesterday, hence accepting a bet of 2K at 7/1 gives a lieabilty of 14K but still a 6K profit.

Check out betfair if your interested - they will explain it better. If England had beaten France would have been 1K down the drain but we thought England were very poor against the scots and thought France would bounce back.
                  Here's a good example had 1K on City at 5/2 that will yield 2.5K, on Befair now City are 1/8, therefore I've layed City for 8K at 1/8. If City win still win 1.5, else 8K. Just buying and selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    From what I can tell he bet £1,000 on France @ 20/1 a couple of weeks ago when the odds were good. Once they were in the final the odds dropped to 7/1 so he laid £2,000. So if France won he gets £20,000 from his first bet and pays out £14,000 for the second, hence £6,000 profit. However, as France lost, he would have lost the £1,000 from the first bet, and kept the £2,000 from the second so a £1,000 profit. Hope he hasn't blown the £6k already without checking his account
                    Does he not receive any money from Betfair for laying the bet? I'm assuming he's hedging it somehow, so what's the point if he's only getting a return of his stake?
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X