• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally Europe is unravelling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the OP been living in a caravan in mongolia? Finally... ?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Perhaps you could explain yourself. If you can drag yourself away from your onerous teaching duties, that is.
      Originally posted by zeitghost
      Pot?

Kettle?

Black?
      I believe it translates as follows:

Where there's least room there's most thrutching.
      HTH

Comment

Looks pretty serious from where I'm sitting. Chiefs of staff sacked in Greece today. Were they planning a coup?

Looking like tonight and tomorrow will be very "interesting". I'm going to stock up on tinned food.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Doomsnight will be good again tonight then. I was wondering whether we'd get a quiet week.

Comment

I think the referendum is a typically Greek negotiating tactic. If you do business with Greeks, when you think the deal is done and you've committed yourself to your side of things, they come back at the last moment with some strange demand. Unfortunately he's being a bit extreme here and putting an atom bomb under the whole European economy when he could just throw a hand grenade.

He needs a couple of concessions, sweeteners and face saving agreements and then it'll be OK; disappointing that European politicians seem to have so little understanding of doing business internationally that they're all panicking.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Do you have difficulties steering that ego through doors?
              You remind me of the saying: " He's a modest man with much to be modest about"
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Fascinating to see "proper" history being played out in real time.

I voted UKIP. "Schadenfreude" is my middle name these days.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I think they should offer the greeks a new deal along the lines of telling them to **** off, lend the 100 billion to the banks that take a hit when greece goes under, and close the borders. Let the silly ***** rot.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X