• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Who needs science ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I agree

In the coming years we will form an elite priesthood dispensing wisdom to the masses
    Cue Chico....

Comment

Why would anyone chose a life science career these days? A friend will soon be a postdoc biochemist looking for a post in cancer research. In london she's looking at around 21k and after several years might make it up to late 20s. They pay more to the graduate fund raisers or if she hadn't bothered to get an education (in an area where we arent exactly over endowed) she could have 30k to drive a bloody tube train for less than 35 hours a week.

Comment

earlier this year it was reported not enough ethnic minorities are using visiting the Lake District

ethnic minorities aren't daft and I bet they are still doing the science courses and leaving the local chavs to do the trendy media courses

in a few years the chav population will wonder why all jobs requiring more than being able to use a calculator are held by ethinic minorities

Milan.

Comment

Listen bretheren,

We at New Labour have been working hard to make a new more inclusive society.

We are the people's party and so we listen.

If Mr Bin Laden (no relation to the nasty Osama - well OK, his brother) offers to pay £XXX billion into the housekeeping fund, it is only fair that we take it and agree to everything he says.

If he finds science offends his beliefs then we are no better than that dreadful Saddam if we carry on with no regard to his feelings.

We are always ready to listen, and act what the more "generous" members of the congregation have to say. Please send any suggestions to:

New Labour
          Kashinhand Towers
          Bucks
          CA5H TA

TB

Comment

Working...
          X