• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Reid's home - drugs find

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Reid's home - drugs find

"Small quantity of Class C drug found in Defence Secretary John Reid's home"

Just announced on BBC website - headline only no text - it's getting better.

Has he got a son, wife, aged granny he can blame it on? Friends and family are always disposable when it comes to clinging on to political office.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Has he got a son, wife, aged granny he can blame it on? Friends and family are always disposable when it comes to clinging on to political office.
      The investigation has already been whitewashed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4957354.stm

The question is why was it not find in previous regular sweeps of his home - suggests it was a more recent stash.

*privateeye in I know how to do a search and think they are talking bulltulip mode*

Comment

Oh well. I can't somehow imagine John Read as a crazed druggie and probably he is quite innocent.

Nevertheless, as a New Labour minister, I feel he is morally guilty and should have been imprisoned for life. If these police are doing these regular sweeps (for what exactly, bombs? bugs?) you would think that one of them would have the initiative to plant something. The police get more and more useless at doing their real jobs.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They're too busy playing hide & seek, if that documentary the other night is anything to go by...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I see this becoming a real storm in a tea cup during the week as everyone tries to take political advantage of Reids addiction!

Mailman

Comment

What is John Reid good at?

Comment

What is John Reid good at?
                Absolutely Nothing....Say it again.....huh......der..der...der....

John Reid.....What is he good for.....Absolutely Nothing.....huh...Say it again.....
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

"The substance found weighed less than one gram with a street value of approximately 85p."

The BBC's political correspondent Mark Saunders said the drugs were thought to have been found while Mr Reid was on an official visit to Afghanistan to visit British troops.

Afghanistan duty free eh?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                    The question is why was it not find in previous regular sweeps of his home - suggests it was a more recent stash.
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    The BBC's political correspondent Mark Saunders said the drugs were thought to have been found while Mr Reid was on an official visit to Afghanistan to visit British troops.
                    Methinks there's a connection there. If not... please, please, please - let another one bite the dust...! It's been a fantabulous week...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X