• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what banking shares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barley View Post
    Banking shares were looking like a good deal on Monday, shame my excess cash was tied up when the looked a good deal a few weeks ago.

I see this rollercoaster going on for some time, there’s surely more bad news to come. If you believe there is any chance, Greece will have to leave the Euro or Italy needs bailing out banking shares could plummet another 50%?

I see in the long term, 2-5 years banking shares could go up 3 fold or more and that’s why I bought in, but I don’t think last weeks blip was the bottom.
    Eventually the carriage has got to fall off the rollercoaster.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      What are the best wanking shares to invest in assuming that current prices of stocks are at rockbottom but will rocket one the Eurozone rescue package has been put together.

Hoping to put in 5-10 grand. Hope to double my money.
      I think trying to quickly double your money on banking shares is highly risky, probably have better chances sticking it on lottery tickets.

For long term investment, I think the best UK listed banks are HSBC & Standard Chartered.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

will rocket one the Eurozone rescue package has been put together.
        You say this as if it's some kind of foregone conclusion. The Eurozone has spent over a year trying to agree some means of rescuing the banking sector and have so far failed, what makes you think they will ever succeed?
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

What are the best wanking shares to invest in assuming that current prices of stocks are at rockbottom but will crash and burn once the Eurozone destruction package has been put together.
          FTFY. given that the only reason 1 (or latter rumors say 3) banks didn't go belly up yesterday was due to the American's riding to the rescue I wouldn't hold up much hope on Germany fixing anything.

Its not such much the issue that Germany is fiddling while Rome burns its the fact Rome has burnt down while Germany is still haggling over the price the orchestra wants for playing.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Credit Swiss have jumped 4.5 this morning.

HTH
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Banking shares flying today. Barclays up 8%. Lloyds 5%

Sold out at +4, but annoyed and knowing my luck they're probably go up further. But that's it for me. Just holding Yell now waiting to see if they get the debt written down and then that's me out completely in anticipation of WW3.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Banking shares flying today. Barclays up 8%. Lloyds 5%

Sold out at +4, but annoyed and knowing my luck they're probably go up further. But that's it for me. Just holding Yell now waiting to see if they get the debt written down and then that's me out completely in anticipation of WW3.
                Good man.

BTL and Gold. It's doom proof.

Comment

For me it would be Barclays or HSBC. Neither have had government handouts and I believe have "relatively" little exposure to the European banks. I've had my eye on both of these for some time and not jumped in yet. Too much risk for me.

If I were to have some play money for a punt Barc would have to drop below £1.55 and HSBC £4.00

Comment

What are the best wanking shares to invest in assuming that current prices of stocks are at rockbottom but will rocket one the Eurozone rescue package has been put together.

Hoping to put in 5-10 grand. Hope to double my money.
                    IMO wanking preference shares are oversold now - bargains to be had.

PS. Why is "wanking" not converted to "tuliping" ?

Comment

Working...
                    X