• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Crunch 2.0 SP1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Crunch 2.0 SP1

Bank of England plans cash injection move to ensure liquidity | Business

Basically a repeat of 2008/9 on the cards.

And Gordon Brown nowhere to be seen.

Menawhile, in Athens, they are taking the cuts to benefits in a typically Greek way.

More cheap debt.

Sorry savers you're screwed.

Don't worry, spend spend spend. Your kids or their kids will pay it back eventually.

[off to buy a flash car on cheap credit, that will then go up in value as sterling gets printed into oblivion. ]
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

[off to buy a flash car on cheap credit, that will then go up in value as sterling gets printed into oblivion. ]
      ideally you want to buy a car made of gold.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
        ideally you want to buy a car made of gold.

Good idea. A Subaru Impreza with the gold wheels. Just as crap on the mpg as a solid gold car would be.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Should be spending or saving?

I'm currently on course to be debt free for the first time in my life. I also get a feeling that I should be buying all the shit my heart desires while I still can.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yep, out of cash and into assets.

Just in time for Christmas. I'm going to have a lot of presents to open.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I'm currently on course to be debt free for the first time in my life.
              Well done its a good feeling, I did it in July 2009 and by November that year had bought a house up in London as well, so it didn't last long.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                Well done its a good feeling
                It is a good feeling. That's why I fear the corrupt scum in charge will spoil the party and force me back into debt one way of the other.

So, better to burn out your savings than let them fade away.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

In other news....

Japan to pay bond holders with gold coins.

Japan’s Gold-for-Bonds Offer Could Boost Return By 5.9 Times - Businessweek

And people here still don't get the gold thing over a bit of paper thing....

Comment

Working...
                  X