• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

The very ending was a little weak IMO though.
    I hated the ending.

Symmetry to his fathers, but never really understood why it was the trucker that his mum met (other than the crow barred cameo of Michael Chiklis)

Great show overall though.

Comment

I'm trying to get into Mad Men but failing big time.

On season 1 ep 9. Does it get any better? Does anything ever actually happen?

People rave about this but I'm finding it very dull.

Comment

Been enjoying:

Billions season 2 - not as good as season 1 but still enjoyable, even if Maggie Siff barely got out her S&M costume this season. Just one cameo appearance.

Archer season 8 - 'Dreamland' - another change of direction after Archer P.I. and Archer Vice. Still the best adult cartoon on the box. Though the complete series of Futurama is on sky box sets so I've started re-watching via NowTV.

Silicon Valley season 4 - 'Not a hot dog'

Guilty pleasures: Blindspot season 2, Supergirl season 2

Also watched Fear The Walking Dead season 2. Not a patch on The Walking Dead but at least fills the gap to some degree and some of the characters have become more interesting since season 1. Season 3 starts 4th of June so will keep an eye out for that.

Game of Thrones season 7 starts July 17th.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I've been trying to watch the first season of Sons of Anarchy, but finding it too hard to get into.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling. Also got to the end of Orange is the new Black last night just in time for the new series in a couple of weeks.

Fargo S3 (with Ewan McGregor) starts on the 31st on C4.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I've been trying to watch the first season of Sons of Anarchy, but finding it too hard to get into.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling. Also got to the end of Orange is the new Black last night just in time for the new series in a couple of weeks.

Fargo S3 (with Ewan McGregor) starts on the 31st on C4.
            Oh great.

I really enjoyed the first two with Billy Bob Thornton and Kirsten Dunst.

Don't like Ewan MacGregor at all though. Gives me the willies so that's another good show ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              I'm trying to get into Mad Men but failing big time.

On season 1 ep 9. Does it get any better? Does anything ever actually happen?

People rave about this but I'm finding it very dull.
              I think if you haven't got into it by now, you won't. If Don's character doesn't grab you and the period setting and heavy drinking is uninteresting... themes develop but that's the foundation of the show.

It's quite weird. It's trying to be some serious show but it's almost slapstick (in the first series, it gets very violent and grim later). I think like Mad Men, if the setting and key characters don't grab you then it's just not your thing. The story arcs only get more far-fetched.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It has it's moments but not one I'll be in a hurry to re-watch. Once you realise it's all about the blond guy it becomes a bit predictable like a soap.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling.
                A show on my 'to watch' list I've not got round to yet. Plan on re-watching Breaking Bad that I've got on blu-ray first, when I get round to that too.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  It has it's moments but not one I'll be in a hurry to re-watch. Once you realise it's all about the blond guy it becomes a bit predictable like a soap.

A show on my 'to watch' list I've not got round to yet. Plan on re-watching Breaking Bad that I've got on blu-ray first, when I get round to that too.
                  I Really enjoy the episodes that are focused on Mikey and his run ins with Hector Salamanca. Great that Gus Fring, played by the excellent Giancarlo Esposito, is back in the show too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Yeah there are some good characters in there but the lead is not really one of them... he's just eye candy.

Is he the one in the new King Arthur movie?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Yeah there are some good characters in there but the lead is not really one of them... he's just eye candy.

Is he the one in the new King Arthur movie?
                      Yes, that's the one.

Am looking forward to the new series of Twin Peaks, will hopefully catch up on that over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X