• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was anticipating the return of Mr Robot in October for what appears to be a final (fourth) season. Looks like it's not starting until 2019 for some reason.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I always thought BBT was well-liked for its embracing of nerd humour and gentle humour. Apparently not - makes me like it all the more that it's offending people:

Big Bang Theory: America's most-loved and hated TV show - BBC News

gimme my 15 minutes!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Just found out there's a TV series of The Purge due to start on 4th September, 10 episodes.

Seen all the movies and find the concept entertaining. Reminds me of Battle Royale but on a larger scale. The adult version of 'british bulldog' type games I used to play as a kid before such things, along with 'conkers' were banned by the health & safety nanny state.

Started watching the series and it is pretty good. Some bits are predictable but overall good.

Comment

Jack Ryan.

Fairly standard "CIA agent tracking down Middle Eastern nutjob intent on unleashing armageddon on the west" type trope.

Terry Hayes' I Am Pilgrim would be far better if they ever get around to filming/serialising that one.

Comment

New series of Bojack now available.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              Jack Ryan.

Fairly standard "CIA agent tracking down Middle Eastern nutjob intent on unleashing armageddon on the west" type trope.

Terry Hayes' I Am Pilgrim would be far better if they ever get around to filming/serialising that one.

quite enjoyable though.

Comment

The Walking Dead - season 9 - starts Monday 8th October at 9pm on FOX (via Sky/NowTV) in UK.

I'd better get round to watching the second half of season 4 of Fear The Walking Dead in case there's more cross over.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Thought I'd resurrect this one...

Anyone seen/watching The Handmaidens Tale?

A little slow to start and quite an odd concept to grasp in the first few episodes but very dark with a lot of twists and plots. Plenty of the episodes leave you feeling anxious at the end and we've ended up having to watch the next one regardless of time of night.

Surprisingly good.

Apparently it was on CH4 and is streamed via Hulu so having to watch it on Kodi.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Anyone seen/watching The Handmaidens Tale? ...
                    Yeah it's a quality show. Seen all of the episodes (season 2) and it's quite disconcerting how it doesn't seem that far fetched with Christian fundamentalism still having influence in the USA of today.

No idea how it'll pan out (haven't read the book it's based on) but I expect the downtrodden women will rise up and overthrow the men eventually. Though ironic how Serena Joy (the lovely Yvonne Strahotski of Chuck fame ) was involved in establishing the new religious zealot based state of Gilead but was then cast aside as a lowly woman who is not even allowed to read or write now. Reap what you sow bitches.

In other news, struggling with latest season of The Man In The High Castle. Even with the long 'what happened previously' at the start of the new season I'm still lost as to what the hell is going on. Should have rewatched the end of season 2 as a refresher first.

Comment

Making a Murderer 2: 'It's the journey of the convicted' - BBC News

Making a Murderer 2: 'It's the journey of the convicted'

is back on Netflix !!!

Is Steven Avery guilty ?

Not sure if it was the editing for TV but looked very flawed to me in series 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X