TV shows from the USA TV shows from the USA - Page 115
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Posts 1,141 to 1,150 of 1154
  1. #1141

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Last (double length) episode of The Big Bang Theory is on E4 tonight.

    Hope they do a better job of it than Game of Thrones.
    It was good, ties up most things and feels satisfying
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  2. #1142

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Deadwood finally gets closure with the Deadwood Movie.

    Out this weekend. On Sky Atlantic Saturday 1st June at 9pm.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  3. #1143

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is available from today on Netflix.

    Didn't even know they were doing a movie (apparently it shows what Jessie got up to after the end of the TV show) until I saw it mention elsewhere. Hope it's better than the Deadwood movie which suffered a bit from the years that have passed since the TV show, so like the recent Star Wars movies the original cast have seen better days and doing the movies sooner would have been better.

    Still waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul, which has been a decent supplemental show, likely next year ...

    In other news:

    The 4th and final season of Mr Robot has started on Amazon.

    The Walking Dead season 10 has started on Sky/NowTV. There's also another spin-off show in the works for next year, besides the movie(s) Rick is doing. [First episode didn't warrant a banana, maybe sour grapes ]
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  4. #1144

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,125

    Default

    I watched El Camino last night. I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's a big disappointment. It's a bit early for spoilers but there aren't many really because from my point of view, nothing really happens the whole movie.

    I only twigged today that this chap sadly passed away the other day, which makes the film more poignant because I think his character in BB was really good: Robert Forster: Jackie Brown star dies aged 78 - BBC News

    This 1-star review contains basically the entire plot and the writer is achingly pretentious, but basically I agree with it.
    BBC - Culture - El Camino
    Last edited by d000hg; 14th October 2019 at 17:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  5. #1145

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    I watched El Camino last night. I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's a big disappointment. It's a bit early for spoilers but there aren't many really because from my point of view, nothing really happens the whole movie.
    Yes it was just like an extended episode to give an epilogue of Jessie's story. Some nice cameos and there was a radio announcement that gave definite closure to one main character.

    Not sure why they felt the need for a movie, it would have been easy enough to integrate the story into an upcoming season of Better Call Saul, seeing as that show has many of the characters and backfill of their story from the Breaking Bad world and how it all interweaved, which was a nice surprise as I thought as a spin-off it would avoid the wider story and just be about Saul's dodgy shenanigans.

    So anyone interested in Breaking Bad really needs to watch Better Call Saul and this movie to get all the story so far.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  6. #1146

    Contractor Among Contractors

    sal 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Yes it was just like an extended episode to give an epilogue of Jessie's story. Some nice cameos and there was a radio announcement that gave definite closure to one main character.

    Not sure why they felt the need for a movie, it would have been easy enough to integrate the story into an upcoming season of Better Call Saul, seeing as that show has many of the characters and backfill of their story from the Breaking Bad world and how it all interweaved, which was a nice surprise as I thought as a spin-off it would avoid the wider story and just be about Saul's dodgy shenanigans.

    So anyone interested in Breaking Bad really needs to watch Better Call Saul and this movie to get all the story so far.
    haven't watched it yet, but from the comments and the trailer it's sort of closing chapter for BB, not sure how this can fit in Better Call Saul, given it's kind of prequel to BB, although he timeline is catching up. If it was the other way around a "flashbacks" can be useful, but not in this case.

  7. #1147

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    haven't watched it yet, but from the comments and the trailer it's sort of closing chapter for BB, not sure how this can fit in Better Call Saul, given it's kind of prequel to BB, although he timeline is catching up. If it was the other way around a "flashbacks" can be useful, but not in this case.
    Well, [again spoiler alert for those not yet got round to watching Better Call Saul] each season has a flash-forward of Saul in that Cinnabon shop lifestyle, so they'll likely keep the show going long enough to cover what happened after BB to fill the gap to those future scenes.

    So the show isn't just a prequel. Depends how much of the story they want to tell via that show.

    [El Camino stuff below]

    I was expecting Jessie to try to reach out to Saul in El Camino, as he was the one that put Jessie in touch with vacuum cleaner guy in the first place so could have been of use in his quest.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  8. #1148

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,125

    Default

    Even compressed to a single episode, it would have been a non-episode IMO. BB was great to a large degree based on attention to detail and in really strong characters, even the minor ones.

    EC didn't bring in a single new character that was in any way fleshed out or memorable.

    Another thing - the scene in the trailer didn't seem to actually be in the film (Skinny Pete being interviewed with a big old beard).
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  9. #1149

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,789

    Default

    Doom Patrol. That's some weird ****ed up tulip...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  10. #1150

    Godlike

    alreadypacked has more data than eek

    alreadypacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Off-shore
    Posts
    5,946

    Default

    Dublin Murders Brilliant Dublin Murders IMDB
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •