• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. I just googled TV

Is this really what you guys do at night? looks interesting , when was it invented ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      I couldn't follow the link but 2 very good series I've been following are:

Justified: About US Marshal sent to Kentucky and his dealings with the various redneck scrotes and low lifes that live there. Black humour, very good.

Homeland: US POW returned from Iraq. CIA bird suspects he's been brainwashed and is now Al Qaeda. None of her colleagues agree with her. CIA bird sleeps with suspect etc. Still none the wiser.

+1 for Justified - quality.

Quite liked The Chicago Code too - but that got canned.

Comment

Justified: About US Marshal sent to Kentucky and his dealings with the various redneck scrotes and low lifes that live there. Black humour, very good.

Homeland: US POW returned from Iraq. CIA bird suspects he's been brainwashed and is now Al Qaeda. None of her colleagues agree with her. CIA bird sleeps with suspect etc. Still none the wiser.
        +1 for Justified (season 2 is better) and just watched ep1 of Homeland last night - tentative +1 at this stage.
        Gronda Gronda

Comment

I couldn't follow the link but 2 very good series I've been following are:

Yup. That and Boardwalk Empire have been the best thing on TV for ages IMO.

Comment

Currently enjoying Grimm
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Currently enjoying (to a degree) Covert Affairs (TV Series 2010) - IMDb on Really. Really.

Piper Perabo. Not seen her in anything since Coyote Ugly.

Admittedly, she's no Jennifer Garner and the show's no Alias.

The almost super-hero blind guy is a cringeworthy element I thought they left in the 80s.

[my only guilty pleasure of the current TV schedule. ]
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                wow. I just googled TV

Is this really what you guys do at night? looks interesting , when was it invented ?

WHS

Comment

Dexter on Mondays straight after the US showing on Sunday.
                  Game of Thrones was a great series, preparing season 2 now.

Entourage
                  Weeds

Will check out that "Sunny in Philadelphia".
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    Game of Thrones was a great series, preparing season 2 now.
                    Bump for Game of Thrones starting again in a minute. Probably the best series of last year.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Bump for Game of Thrones starting again in a minute. Probably the best series of last year.
                      Just finished watching episode 1 and it's even better than i remember
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X