• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Anyone got Amazon Prime and browsed through what they are offering free to Prime members?

Had a quick look this morning and couldn't see too much of interest in there. Any recommendations?
    Amazon, have started to make their own TV pilots, but they havent gone further with any of them yet.

Transperent is interesting.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We signed up for a free trial (sure we did last year too) but I haven't looked yet. I'm sure there is stuff worth watching but like Netflix it'll be inconsistent - they'll have some new releases first but miss entire swathes of stuff.

People generally say Netflix is better for boxsets and LoveFilm/Amazon streaming for films but it all depends what you want to watch of course.
      Heard Netflix is generally better too.

Will be interesting to see how this space evolves over the next few years. Maybe moving into competing for sporting rights for example. Or new films being released directly to them on a PPV basis (this would be a gigantic jump for the film industry!)

Comment

True Detective, intriguing story, superb acting, haunting score and the best boobs since Erika Eleniak popped out of a giant cake.

What's not to like? This is my new Breaking Bad.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Go Frank Underwood!!

If Netflix are ever going to better these 2 series then they are really going to have some class programs.

Wouldn't surprise me if everything that they create in future will somehow be a let down, when they have set such a high bar with their first production.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 5 March 2014, 10:23.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            True Detective, intriguing story, superb acting, haunting score and the best boobs since Erika Eleniak popped out of a giant cake.

What's not to like? This is my new Breaking Bad.
            Yes, on Episode 5 at the moment. Really good. And the young lawyer's rack in an earlier episode -
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Suits is back, but I thinks I have had enough.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Downloaded and watched the first episode of Hannibal Season 2 last night - awesome show!!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Yes, on Episode 5 at the moment. Really good.
                  Sounds good. I'll look into it.

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  And the young lawyer's rack in an earlier episode -
                  Downloading now

Comment

Yes, House of Cards 2 was right up there. Kevin Spacey was superb.

I've just finished the first series of Line Of Duty. Far better than Luther. The second series is on at the moment.

I'm also now on the second series of Hatufim (Prisoners of war) on which Homeland is based.

Also working my way through Arrested Development.

Commuting on the train does have some benefits.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Just seen ep 1 of Black Sails, the period pirate piece.

Looks promising but I can't help feeling the bawdiness is just a little gratuitous from what I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X