• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Last (double length) episode of The Big Bang Theory is on E4 tonight.

Hope they do a better job of it than Game of Thrones.
    It was good, ties up most things and feels satisfying
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Deadwood finally gets closure with the Deadwood Movie.

Out this weekend. On Sky Atlantic Saturday 1st June at 9pm.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is available from today on Netflix.

Didn't even know they were doing a movie (apparently it shows what Jessie got up to after the end of the TV show) until I saw it mention elsewhere. Hope it's better than the Deadwood movie which suffered a bit from the years that have passed since the TV show, so like the recent Star Wars movies the original cast have seen better days and doing the movies sooner would have been better.

Still waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul, which has been a decent supplemental show, likely next year ...

In other news:

The 4th and final season of Mr Robot has started on Amazon.

The Walking Dead season 10 has started on Sky/NowTV. There's also another spin-off show in the works for next year, besides the movie(s) Rick is doing. [First episode didn't warrant a banana, maybe sour grapes ]
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I watched El Camino last night. I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's a big disappointment. It's a bit early for spoilers but there aren't many really because from my point of view, nothing really happens the whole movie.

I only twigged today that this chap sadly passed away the other day, which makes the film more poignant because I think his character in BB was really good: Robert Forster: Jackie Brown star dies aged 78 - BBC News

This 1-star review contains basically the entire plot and the writer is achingly pretentious, but basically I agree with it.
          BBC - Culture - El Camino
          Last edited by d000hg; 14 October 2019, 17:20.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I watched El Camino last night. I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's a big disappointment. It's a bit early for spoilers but there aren't many really because from my point of view, nothing really happens the whole movie.
            Yes it was just like an extended episode to give an epilogue of Jessie's story. Some nice cameos and there was a radio announcement that gave definite closure to one main character.

Not sure why they felt the need for a movie, it would have been easy enough to integrate the story into an upcoming season of Better Call Saul, seeing as that show has many of the characters and backfill of their story from the Breaking Bad world and how it all interweaved, which was a nice surprise as I thought as a spin-off it would avoid the wider story and just be about Saul's dodgy shenanigans.

So anyone interested in Breaking Bad really needs to watch Better Call Saul and this movie to get all the story so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Yes it was just like an extended episode to give an epilogue of Jessie's story. Some nice cameos and there was a radio announcement that gave definite closure to one main character.

Not sure why they felt the need for a movie, it would have been easy enough to integrate the story into an upcoming season of Better Call Saul, seeing as that show has many of the characters and backfill of their story from the Breaking Bad world and how it all interweaved, which was a nice surprise as I thought as a spin-off it would avoid the wider story and just be about Saul's dodgy shenanigans.

So anyone interested in Breaking Bad really needs to watch Better Call Saul and this movie to get all the story so far.
              haven't watched it yet, but from the comments and the trailer it's sort of closing chapter for BB, not sure how this can fit in Better Call Saul, given it's kind of prequel to BB, although he timeline is catching up. If it was the other way around a "flashbacks" can be useful, but not in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                haven't watched it yet, but from the comments and the trailer it's sort of closing chapter for BB, not sure how this can fit in Better Call Saul, given it's kind of prequel to BB, although he timeline is catching up. If it was the other way around a "flashbacks" can be useful, but not in this case.
                Well, [again spoiler alert for those not yet got round to watching Better Call Saul] each season has a flash-forward of Saul in that Cinnabon shop lifestyle, so they'll likely keep the show going long enough to cover what happened after BB to fill the gap to those future scenes.

So the show isn't just a prequel. Depends how much of the story they want to tell via that show.

[El Camino stuff below]

I was expecting Jessie to try to reach out to Saul in El Camino, as he was the one that put Jessie in touch with vacuum cleaner guy in the first place so could have been of use in his quest.

Comment

Even compressed to a single episode, it would have been a non-episode IMO. BB was great to a large degree based on attention to detail and in really strong characters, even the minor ones.

EC didn't bring in a single new character that was in any way fleshed out or memorable.

Another thing - the scene in the trailer didn't seem to actually be in the film (Skinny Pete being interviewed with a big old beard).
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Doom Patrol. That's some weird ****ed up tulip...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Dublin Murders Brilliant Dublin Murders IMDB
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X